Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Honey Mustard Orange Slow Cooker Spiral Cut Ham
(140 calories | *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I made this easy, delicious honey mustard orange slow cooker spiral cut ham for Christmas Eve with the family.
In the past, I’ve always baked ham in the oven according to the package directions, occasionally using the sugary glaze that comes with the ham and sometimes making one from scratch.
But of course, this year I wanted to make it a slow cooker spiral cut ham.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Orange Spiral Cut Ham
So I adapted this recipe for Citrus Honey Ham from A Year of Slow Cooking.
Since we eat it so rarely, ham is always a treat.
This honey mustard orange slow cooker spiral cut ham didn’t disappoint.
It was easy and delicious. Just be careful not to overcook it.
Because the ham is already fully cooked, you only need to warm it up. If you cook it can easily dry out.
According to my calculations, each 3-ounce serving has about 140 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and 8* WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this low carb Orange Honey Mustard Crock Pot Spiral Ham, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Honey Mustard Orange Slow Cooker Spiral Cut Ham
- 1 6-to-7-pound bone-in spiral cut fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup ginger ale
- You'll need a large a (6 to 7-quart slow cooker).
- Unwrap the ham and place it in your slow cooker (flat side down).
- Discard the flavor packet.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and orange juice. Rub the mixture all over the ham.
- Pour ginger ale evenly over the top of the ham.
- Cover. (If your lid won't fit, make one from heavy duty aluminum foil, wrapping it tightly around the top of your slow cooker.)
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the ham is thoroughly heated.
- Remove from the slow cooker and let stand on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Source: A Year of Slow Cooking
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker spiral cut ham, you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!