Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Lasagna Rolls
(253 calories | 7 7 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I love lasagna. It’s a family favorite and longtime Christmas Day Tradition dating back to when I was a kid.
But I have never really figured out how to make anything less than a huge pan of it, which is where these yummy Weight Watchers Lasagna Rolls come in.
They’re a great lighter, healthier portion-controlled alternative when you have a hankering for lasagna.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Beef + Spinach Lasagna Rolls
I adapted this Weight Watchers recipe from the I Love Leftovers: 175+ Delicious Recipes to Serve Now or Later cookbook.
Ground beef, chopped mushrooms, garlic, spinach, ricotta cheese and basil are combined into a tasty stuffing that is spread on cooked lasagna noodles that are then rolled up like pinwheels, placed in a baking dish, topped with jarred marinara sauce and baked until hot and bubbly.
You can easily adapt this recipe for skinny lasagna rolls to suit your tastes.
I sometimes use ground turkey, or Italian turkey sausage, instead of beef and cottage cheese in place of ricotta.
Chopped zucchini would be a good addition too.
According to my calculations, each serving has 253 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Using whole wheat, or whole grain lasagna noodles, will save *2 points for those following WW Purple plan.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these skinny lasagna rolls, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna, Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup, WW Skillet Lasagna Made Lighter, Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna and Mom’s Easy Baked Ziti
If you’ve made these Beefy Rolled Lasagna with Spinach, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Lasagna Rolls with Beef & Spinach
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (15 - 16 ounces) fat-free marinara sauce
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, then drain and rinse the noodles and drain them well again. (I used the Barefoot Contessa method: soaking them in really hot water until tender enough to roll, about 30 minutes.)
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the beef, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook, breaking up the beef and stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and cook, stirring constantly, until the spinach begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a bowl and let it cool slightly then add the ricotta, basil, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and stir until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place the cooked noodles on a flat surface, making sure they're nice and dry. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the noodles. (There should be about 1/3 cup for each noodle.) Beginning with a short end, carefully roll each one up like a jelly-roll and place in the baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce evenly over the lasagna rolls. Loose cover with foil and bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and serve.
- You can also prepare the rolls, cover and then place them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months before baking. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
Source: I Love Leftovers: 175+ Delicious Recipes to Serve Now or Later by Weight Watchers
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Learn how to make healthy lasagna rolls from FitMenCook:
More Weight Watchers Recipes for Lasagna Lovers
- Zucchini Lasagna (SkinnyTaste)
- Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups (EmilyBites)
- Skinny Skillet Lasagna (SkinnyKitchen)
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats (SkinnyTaste)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Lasagna Rolls (DrizzleMeSkinny)
Watch this video to see how to make your own zucchini lasagna rolls:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!