Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Lasagna Rolls
I love lasagna. It’s a family favorite and longtime Christmas Day Tradition dating back to when I was a kid.
But I have never really figured out how to make anything less than a huge pan of it, which is where these yummy Weight Watchers Lasagna Rolls Come it.
They’re a great lighter, healthier portion-controlled alternative when you have a hankering for lasagna.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Beef + Spinach Lasagna Rolls
I adapted this Weight Watchers recipe from the WW I Love leftovers cookbook.
Ground beef, chopped mushrooms, garlic, spinach, ricotta cheese and basil are combined into a tasty stuffing that is spread on cooked lasagna noodles that are then rolled up like pinwheels, placed in a baking dish, topped with jarred marinara sauce and baked until hot and bubbly.
You can easily adapt this recipe for skinny lasagna rolls to suit your tastes.
I sometimes use ground turkey or Italian turkey sausage instead of beef and cottage cheese in place of ricotta.
Chopped zucchini would be a good addition too.
Each serving has 253 calories and *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Watch this video to see how to make your own zucchini lasagna rolls:
If you like these skinny lasagna rolls, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: 5-Ingredient Chicken Parmesan Lasagna, Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup, WW Skillet Lasagna Made Lighter, Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna and Mom’s Easy Baked Ziti
Weight Watchers Lasagna Rolls with Beef & Spinach
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (15 - 16 ounces) fat-free marinara sauce
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, then drain and rinse the noodles and drain them well again. (I used the Barefoot Contessa method: soaking them in really hot water until tender enough to roll, about 30 minutes.)
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the beef, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook, breaking up the beef and stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach and cook, stirring constantly, until the spinach begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a bowl and let it cool slightly then add the ricotta, basil, and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and stir until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place the cooked noodles on a flat surface, making sure they're nice and dry. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the noodles. (There should be about 1/3 cup for each noodle.) Beginning with a short end, carefully roll each one up like a jelly-roll and place in the baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce evenly over the lasagna rolls. Loose cover with foil and bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and serve.
- You can also prepare the rolls, cover and then place them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months before baking. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking.
Source: I Love leftovers
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Learn how to make healthy lasagna rolls from FitMenCook:
More Weight Watchers Recipes for Lasagna Lovers
Zucchini Lasagna (SkinnyTaste)
Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups (EmilyBites)
Skinny Skillet Lasagna (SkinnyKitchen)
Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats (SkinnyTaste)
Bacon Cheeseburger Lasagna Rolls (DrizzleMeSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!