WW Recipe of the Day: Pepperoni Pizza Chili
(329 calories | 8 8 8 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
What do you get when you combine the flavors of two of your favorite comfort foods? This WW friendly recipe for Skinny Pepperoni Pizza Chili is a fun twist on traditional chili the whole family will love. If you're like me and love anything with "pizza" in the title, be sure to give this skinny pepperoni pizza a try.
How Many Calories/WW Points in this Recipe for Skinny Pepperoni Pizza Chili?
A hearty satisfying tasty meal in a bowl, according to my calculations, each serving has 329 calories and
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Pepperoni Pizza Chili Recipe Notes
As soon as I saw this recipe for pepperoni pizza chili show up in my inbox I knew I wanted to give it a try.
I made several changes to lighten it up, shaving more than 100 calories and half the fat from the original, by using 95% lean ground beef, turkey sausage and turkey pepperoni.
I also made a half batch since I wasn't feeding a crowd.
You could cut the calories and bulk it up even more by adding a cup or two of chopped mushrooms in with the meat.
Be sure to play around and adjust this recipe to suit your spice tolerance.
Designed for the stove top, I've included instructions for the slow cooker (affiliate link) too.
And like with so many soup and chili recipes, I think it's even better the next day. Enjoy!
If you like this pepperoni pizza chili made lighter, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including 3-Bean Slow Cooker Turkey Sausage Chili, Chuck Wagon Chili, Slow Cooker Barbecue Turkey Chili, Mom's Best Chili and Slow Cooker Pizza Dip
If you've made this Pepperoni Pizza Chili, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Pepperoni Pizza Chili Recipe
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- ½ pound hot Italian-style turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I used jarred)
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, sliced in half
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons (1.5 ounces) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven or large soup pot, cook the beef, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the meat, until meat is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in the beans, salsa, pizza sauce, pepperoni, water, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat. Cover and let bubble gently, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Slow Cooker Option:
- After browning the meat and vegetables, drain and transfer to 4-Quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low until heated through, 4 to 6 hours.
Source: adapted from Taste of Home
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
In this video, Jamie Olive shows how easy it is to make up your own chili at home:
More Easy Recipes for Chili-Lovin' Weight Watchers
- Skinny Chili Italiano (SkinnyKitchen)
- Chipotle Chicken Chili (LaaLoosh)
- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili (SkinnyTaste)
- Chili Cornbread Bake (EmilyBites)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Chili (HungryGirl)
- Slow Cooker White Chicken & Quinoa Chili (EatYourselfSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!