WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Chili
(288 calories | *6 WW SmartPoints)
Packed with flavor without being too spicy, this easy slow cooker BBQ turkey chili is like a cross between traditional southwest-style chili and sloppy joe’s.
Using convenient no-prep ingredients, it’s as easy as it is delicious.
You don’t even have to chop an onion, making this slow cooker BBQ Turkey chili a perfect choice when you are feeling especially lazy or are short on time.
Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Chili Recipe Notes
I made a few changes to the original recipe. It called for ground turkey, but turkey sausage was on special the day I shopped, so I used it instead.
And I cut the recipe in half, which still made 7 generous cups.
Served with corn muffins and a few of our favorite chili garnishes, this easy slow cooker BBQ turkey chili made a satisfying supper we both really enjoyed.
According to my calculations, each serving of this Easy BBQ Turkey Chili has about 288 calories, *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
And the leftovers make a great quick and easy lunch. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot BBQ Turkey Chili, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Chili
- 1 pound uncooked turkey or chicken sausage
- 1/2 packet (1-ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) corn, drained
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- If you have sausage links, cut open the casings to remove the sausage and discard the casings.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat add the turkey sausage and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until sausage browns and is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer cooked meat to your slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, barbecue sauce and corn.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, until the turkey sausage is tender.
- Using a large spoon, skim off any excess fat that has accumulated on the surface of the chili.
- Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite chili garnishes.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2 by America’s Test Kitchen.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Easy Slow Cooked BBQ Turkey Chili you might also like:
- Slow Cooker 3-Bean Turkey Sausage Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey Green Chile Chowder
- 3-Ingredient Sloppy Joes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!