Packed with flavor without being too spicy, this easy slow cooker BBQ turkey chili is like a cross between traditional southwest-style chili and sloppy joe's.
Using convenient no-prep ingredients, it's as easy as it is delicious.
You don't even have to chop an onion, making this slow cooker BBQ Turkey chili a perfect choice when you are feeling especially lazy or are short on time.
I made a few changes to the original recipe. It called for ground turkey, but turkey sausage was on special the day I shopped, so I used it instead.
And I cut the recipe in half, which still made 7 generous cups.
Served with corn muffins and a few of our favorite chili garnishes, this easy slow cooker BBQ turkey chili made a satisfying supper we both really enjoyed.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chili?
According to my calculations, each serving of this Easy BBQ Turkey Chili has about 288 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
And the leftovers make a great quick and easy lunch. Enjoy!
If you've made this Crock Pot BBQ Turkey Chili, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Chili
- 1 pound uncooked turkey or chicken sausage
- ½ packet (1-ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) corn, drained
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- If you have sausage links, cut open the casings to remove the sausage and discard the casings.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat add the turkey sausage and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until sausage browns and is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer cooked meat to your slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, barbecue sauce and corn.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, until the turkey sausage is tender.
- Using a large spoon, skim off any excess fat that has accumulated on the surface of the chili.
- Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite chili garnishes.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2 by America's Test Kitchen.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Easy Slow Cooked BBQ Turkey Chili you might also like:
- Slow Cooker 3-Bean Turkey Sausage Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey Green Chile Chowder
- 3-Ingredient Sloppy Joes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!