You can never have too many simple soup recipes with minimal ingredients that require little or no chopping. Which is why I'm so excited to be sharing this super simple easy 4-ingredient black bean & corn soup which comes together in minutes and even has a video.
Many of you have been asking for more Weight Watchers friendly vegetarian recipes too.
So here you go...
What I love about this soup, in addition to its ease, is the variety of ways it can be modified to suit your individual tastes.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Soup?
According to my calculations each serving has 268 calories and:
0 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
And works with Weight Watchers Simply Filling/No Count. Enjoy!
Spicier: Add chili powder, hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco, crushed red pepper flakes or chopped jalapeño peppers.
Additional vegetables: chopped zucchini would be delish.
Additional flavor boosters: chopped fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice, thinly sliced scallions
Additional toppings: shredded cheese, low fat sour cream or nonfat plain greek yogurt
Slow Cooker Directions: In the slow cooker, combine 1 cup of water with 2 cans (3 cups) of the beans, the salsa and cumin, and cook for 6 – 8 hours on low or 3 – 4 hours on high.
Fifteen to 30 minutes before serving, puree the soup using an immersion/hand blender or standing blender (affiliate link), then return the soup to the slow cooker (if necessary), and stir in the remaining can of beans and the corn.
You can refrigerate the soup for up to 3 days, or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Are You Ready To Slim Down With Soup?
If you liked this super easy 4-Ingredient Black Bean & Corn Soup be sure to check out: Easy 4-Ingredients Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup, Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Beans, Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Black Beans, Weight Watchers Black Bean Mango Salsa and Easy Chicken & Bean Salsa Soup
If you've made this Gluten-Free Corn and Black Bean Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy 4-Ingredient Black Bean Corn Soup
- 3 (15 ounces each) cans reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 14 ounces canned corn, drained (or 1.5 ups frozen corn kernels)
- In a large saucepan or medium soup pot set over medium heat, stir together 2 cans (3 cups) of the beans, the salsa, cumin, and 1 cup of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. While it is heating, use an immersion blender (also called stick or hand blender) to puree the mixture right in the pot, so it is still a little chunky. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, puree it in a regular blender and then transfer it to the pot.)
- Once the mixture comes to a boil lower the heat to a simmer and add the remaining 1 can of beans and the corn. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the soup immediately, topping each bowl with condiments of your choice such as light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, shredded low fat cheese, chopped cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, and or a few crushed corn chips.
Source: adapted from The Scramble
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Recipes with Black Beans
- Skinny & Delicious Black Bean Soup Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili
- Skinny Black Bean & Cheese Nachos
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Maha Khan / sooperchef.pk
Wow This Is great recipe.I love Your Way of making Recipe.I am going to make this recipe for my family now.
I have made this recipe in the past. Lost the recipe! So glad to find it here! I'm back to cooking! This soup is great and very filling!
Can you use regular baked beans instead of the black beans?
Yes, you can use baked beans, but the WW Points will be higher if that's a concern. ~Martha
This soup was delicious! My husband is a picky eater and he licked his bowl. Yummy!