WW Recipe of the Day: Easy 4-Ingredient Black Bean & Corn Soup
(268 calories | *0 WW SmartPoints)
You can never have too many simple soup recipes with minimal ingredients that require little or no chopping. Which is why I’m so excited to be sharing this super simple easy 4-ingredient black bean & corn soup which comes together in minutes and even has a video.
Many of you have been asking for more Weight Watchers friendly vegetarian recipes too.
So here you go…
The Skinny on Easy 4-Ingredient Black Bean & Corn Soup
What I love about this soup, in addition to its ease, is the variety of ways it can be modified to suit your individual tastes.
Spicier: Add chili powder, hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco, crushed red pepper flakes or chopped jalapeño peppers.
Additional vegetables: chopped zucchini would be delish.
Additional flavor boosters: chopped fresh cilantro, fresh lime juice, thinly sliced scallions
Additional toppings: shredded cheese, low fat sour cream or nonfat plain greek yogurt
Helpful Kitchen Tools:
If you liked this super easy 4-Ingredient Black Bean & Corn Soup be sure to check out: Easy 4-Ingredients Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup, Skinny & Delicious Black Bean Soup Recipes, Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Beans, Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Black Beans, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili, Weight Watchers Black Bean Mango Salsa, Easy Chicken & Bean Salsa Soup, Skinny Black Bean & Cheese Nachos
Easy 4-Ingredient Black Bean Corn Soup
- 3 (15 ounces each) cans reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 14 ounces canned corn, drained (or 1.5 ups frozen corn kernels)
- In a large saucepan or medium soup pot set over medium heat, stir together 2 cans (3 cups) of the beans, the salsa, cumin, and 1 cup of water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. While it is heating, use an immersion blender (also called stick or hand blender) to puree the mixture right in the pot, so it is still a little chunky. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, puree it in a regular blender and then transfer it to the pot.)
- Once the mixture comes to a boil lower the heat to a simmer and add the remaining 1 can of beans and the corn. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the soup immediately, topping each bowl with condiments of your choice such as light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, shredded low fat cheese, chopped cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, and or a few crushed corn chips.
Source: adapted from The Scramble
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!