WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili
(162 calories | *0 WW SmartPoints)
This slow cooker pumpkin black bean chili is another winner from the Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good.
One of my favorite cookbook finds since beginning my Year of Crock Pot Cooking Challenge.
I made a few modifications to the original pumpkin black bean chili recipe to make it work with what I had around. I also wanted to try to make the batch a bit smaller so we wouldn’t be swimming in chili 🙂
Skinny on Simply Filling Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili
The recipe calls for 2-1/2 cups of chopped cooked turkey. I replaced it with 1-1/2 cups chopped leftover cooked lean chicken I had in the freezer.
I also used 1 can of black beans instead of 2, and cut back a little on the chicken broth.
Both Rod and I liked this chili a lot.
Served with slow cooker cornbread, it really hit the spot.
Satisfying, but not as heavy as traditional chili. And like most chilis, it tasted even better leftover.
Nobody would ever guess that this slow cooked black bean chili has pumpkin in it. But it helps to make it thicker and less “tomatoey.”
Find out how to make your own homemade pressure cooker pumpkin puree
According to my calculations, each 1-cup serving has 162 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints and works with WW Simply Filling Technique. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this simple chili recipe made with black beans and pumpkin, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including 3-Bean Turkey Sausage Chili, Stovetop or Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Chili, Easy BBQ Turkey Chili, White Bean Chicken Chili Verde and Mom’s Best Chili
Watch this demonstration from Cooking with Phyllis to see how easy it is to make your own pumpkin black bean chili:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
WW Simply Filling Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (14-16 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked lean turkey or chicken
- 2 cups (about 14-16 ounces) canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14-15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, cheese, fresh chilis, crushed tortilla chips
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Place all the ingredients in your slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW, 6 to 8 hours.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Learn how to make your own Vegan Pumpkin Black Bean Chili:
More Weight Watchers Recipes for Stew & Chili:
- Spicy Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili (OrganizeYourselfSkinny)
- Chunky Veggie Pumpkin Chili (HungryGirl)
- Wild Caribbean Black Bean Chili (SlenderKitchen)
- Chicken & Black Bean Chili (MealPlanningMommies)
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Stew (SkinnyKitchen)
- Turkey, Corn & Black Bean Chili (RecipeDiaries)
- Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili (SkinnyTaste)
- Mushroom & Black Bean Crock Pot Chili (LaaLoosh)
I made this slow cooker pumpkin black bean chili with my Choose-A-Crock Slow Cooker which you can check out on Amazon:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!