Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Slow Cooker Cornbread
Cook Yourself Slim with 50 of my favorite slow cooker recipes all with PointsPlus & SmartPoints!
Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 38 – Moist Healthy Slow Cooker Cornbread
Easy, moist, healthy, and delicious, this Slow Cooker Cornbread, is my new go-to cornbread.
Made with a combination of equal parts cornmeal and white whole wheat flour, I don’t think I’ll make cornbread in the oven again. It bakes up denser and moister than cornbread made in the oven.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Cornbread
Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!, I made it to go with our remaining pumpkin black bean chili.
The recipe says to bake this cornbread directly in a 3-Quart slow cooker, but I baked mine in a loaf pan inside my 6-Quart oval CrockPot instead.
According to my calculations, each serving of this slow cooker cornbread has about 103 calories, 3* Weight Watchers Points Plus and 4* WW SmartPoints.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons bakin powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until well combined.
- In another bowl beat the egg well, then add the milk and melted butter. Mix until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cornmeal mixture. Stir just until mixed.
- Pour into greased slow cooker. Or if you only have a large slow cooker, pour into a greased baking pan and place the pan inside your slow cooker. (I used a loaf a pan inside my 6-Quart oval slow cooker.)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like This Moist & Healthy Slow Cooker Cornbread, You Might Also Like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.