Easy, moist, healthy, and delicious, this Slow Cooker Cornbread, is my new go-to cornbread recipe.
Made with a combination of equal parts cornmeal and white whole wheat flour, I don't think I'll make cornbread in the oven again.
It bakes up denser and moister than cornbread made in the oven.
Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes , I made it to go with our remaining slow cooker pumpkin black bean chili.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Cornbread?
According to my calculations, each serving of this slow cooker cornbread has about 103 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like this easy recipe for slow cooker cornbread, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili, Easy Pepperoni Pizza Chili, WW Chuck Wagon Chili, Slow Cooker Moroccan-Style Baked Beans and Slow Cooker Barbecue Green Beans with Bacon
If you've made this low fat Crock Pot Cornbread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
WW Friendly Slow Cooker Cornbread Recipe
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Ideal slow cooker size: 3-Quart, or bake in a loaf pan placed inside a 6-Quart.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until well combined.
- In another bowl beat the egg well, then add the milk and melted butter. Mix until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cornmeal mixture. Stir just until mixed.
- Pour into greased slow cooker (3-Quart). Or if you only have a large slow cooker, pour into a greased baking pan and place the pan inside your slow cooker. (I used a loaf a pan inside my 6-Quart oval slow cooker.)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-½ to 2-½ hours, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.Watch this video to see how easy it is to make your own cornbread in the crock pot:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Moist & Healthy Cornbread Recipes You Might Like:
- Light and Healthy Cornbread Recipes
- Moist Mexican Cornbread
- Skinny Mini Corn Dog Muffins
- Chili Cornbread Bake
- Crock Pot Spinach Spoon Bread
- Chili Cornmeal Cake (Bolo de Fobá)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!