Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Slow Cooker Cornbread
Cook Yourself Slim with 50 of my favorite slow cooker recipes all with PointsPlus & SmartPoints!
(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 38 – Moist Healthy Slow Cooker Cornbread)
Easy, moist, healthy, and delicious, this Slow Cooker Cornbread, is my new go-to cornbread. Made with a combination of equal parts cornmeal and white whole wheat flour, I don’t think I’ll make cornbread in the oven again. It bakes up denser and moister than cornbread made in the oven.
Roberta hit rock bottom at 48 years old. She weighed 171 lbs. at 5'1". She suffered from back pain, thyroid problems and adrenal issues. Yet as you can see it’s all behind her now. And she feels and looks like a woman half her age!... Following Eat Stop Eat gave Roberta the freedom she needed. It allowed her body to naturally find its own weight loss rhythm. And the results are stunning!
Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!, I made it to go with our remaining pumpkin black bean chili.
The recipe says to bake this cornbread directly in a 3-Quart slow cooker, but I baked mine in a loaf pan inside my 6-Quart oval CrockPot instead.
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons bakin powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until well combined.
- In another bowl beat the egg well, then add the milk and melted butter. Mix until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cornmeal mixture. Stir just until mixed.
- Pour into greased slow cooker. Or if you only have a large slow cooker, pour into a greased baking pan and place the pan inside your slow cooker. (I used a loaf a pan inside my 6-Quart oval slow cooker.)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this moist healthy slow cooker cornbread, you might also like:
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.