Weight Watchers Skinny Cheese & Black Bean Nachos
When you’re craving nachos, here’s a yummy skinny option for you: cheese and black bean nachos, from the Weight Watchers Power Foods cookbook.
Nachos have been a longtime family favorite since Mom began making them when I was a kid. She used canned chili and lots and lots of cheese back then.
I thought they were delicious!
Through the years I’ve eaten tons of nachos (both good and not-so good).
My current favorites – super nachos from Richardon’s here in Phoenix – are hard to beat. Loaded with cheese, beans and chorizo, they’re certainly not what you would ever call Weight Watchers friendly.
Sometimes I want the flavor of nachos done lighter and healthier.
That’s where these Weight Watchers Skinny Cheese and Black Bean Nachos come in. They’re an easy, tasty and delicious lighter alternative that won’t weigh your down.
The Skinny on Cheese and Black Bean Nachos
What makes these cheese and black bean nachos lighter?
Baked low-fat tortilla chips, reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, and a healthy dose of black beans instead of more fattening seasoned ground beef or chili.
I made them for dinner recently when I was craving a nacho fix that wouldn’t blow the Points budget.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 222 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
We both thought they were delicious.
If you like these skinny black bean and cheese nachos, be sure to check out some of my other easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including WW 2-Ingredient Salsa Chicken, Weight Watchers Taco Soup, Easy Chicken Fajitas, Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken & Pinto Bean Tostadas and Stacked Chicken Enchiladas.
How to make Weight Watchers Beef Nachos Video (1/4th Recipe = 6 SmartPoints):
Skinny Cheese & Black Bean Nachos Recipe
- 36 baked low-fat tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded reduced-free Monterey Jack cheese (I used reduced-fat Pepper Jack cheese)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped (I used grape tomatoes and quartered them)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (I omitted this)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer close together on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Top with the beans, tomatoes, scallions and jalapeño.
- Baked until heated through and the cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Source: Weight Watchers Power Foods
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Nacho Recipes
Beef Nachos – made with lean ground beef, diced tomatoes and refried beans (Weight Watchers)
Skinny Loaded Nachos – made with ground turkey and black bean dip (SkinnyTaste)
Weight Watchers Take-Out Tonight Nachos Supreme – as yummy as they sound (Culinary Covers)
15-Minute Black Bean Nachos – with black bean dip and guacamole (Emily Bites)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!