Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking – Weight Watchers Taco Soup
This Weight Watchers recipe for taco soup is an oldie but goodie.
I think it got it’s name because it’s a great way for Weight Watchers to satisfy a taco craving in a simple and nourishing way.
At least it is for me!
Low in fat and high in fiber, this soup keeps me full for hours. And it’s easy to adapt for the slow cooker or the stove-top.
The Skinny on This Weight Watchers Taco Soup
There are lots of variations for this easy Weight Watchers taco soup. I rarely make it exactly the same way twice.
You can substitute 99% lean ground turkey for the beef. And use whatever variety of beans (pinto, black, kidney) and/or tomatoes (diced, stewed, sauce) you have on hand.
Each generous 1-1/3 cup serving of this taco soup has 239 calories and *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 SmartPoints.
And if you use at least 93% lean ground beef, it’s Simply Filling (without the condiments or garnishes).
If you’ve made this taco soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Weight Watchers Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef, at least 93% lean
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 medium-size onion)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) Mexican-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with chiles, undrained
- 2 cans (14 to 15 ounces each) beans (kidney, pinto, black or chili), rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 to 15 ounces) corn, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 package (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- - chopped avocado
- - light sour cream or nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- - reduced fat shredded cheese
- - pico de gallo or salsa
- - fresh cilantro
- - tortilla chips
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon, stirring for about 1 minute. Stir in the onion and continue to cook, stirring often, until the ground beef is brown all over and the onion is soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess fat.
- Transfer the browned beef and onions to the slow cooker (or a soup pot).
- Add the tomatoes, beans, corn, water, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or simmer over low heat on the stove for 30 minutes to 1 hour.)
- Serve with optional garnishes as desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Links to more Weight Watchers Taco Soup Recipes that sound good:
- A slight variation of mine this Weight Watchers Taco Soup from Our Best Bites calls for tomato sauce and skips the package of ranch dressing mix.
- Turkey Chili Taco Soup is another variation of this classic recipe using lean ground turkey and fat-free refried beans from Gina at Skinny Taste.
If you like this easy weight watchers taco soup, you might also like…
Today’s Food for Thought
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
~ Leonardo da Vinci
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!