WW Recipe of the Day: Creamy Chili-Corn Soup with Chicken and Black Beans
(256 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
The title of the recipe really says it all - creamy chili-corn soup with chicken and black beans. This easy, healthy and delicious soup stirs together in minutes making it perfect for a quick lunch or supper.
The recipe is from The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great , by Pam Anderson. Of all Pam's cookbooks, this is one—brimming with light and healthy recipes that never sacrifice flavor or taste like "diet" food—is the one I use most often.
Most of the rest of the country is well into soup season, but here in Phoenix it's barely beginning now that temperatures finally have dipped into the 80s.
I'm a soup lover who eats soup all throughout the year, regardless of the weather, but this creamy chili-corn soup with chicken and black beans is thick and hearty so I think it tastes better in cooler weather.
How to Make Chili Corn Soup with Black Beans and Chicken
A hearty easy healthy and delicious soup that comes together in minutes while tasting like it simmered much longer. The secret? Canned creamed corn, black beans, and diced tomatoes.
All you need to do to make this soup is sizzle a little garlic and spices in oil and then dump in the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes. Easy peasy.
The recipe calls for chopped fresh garlic. You could always substitute jarred or granulated garlic/garlic powder if you prefer.
If two tablespoons of chili powder seems like too much, start with a teaspoon or two and then add more to taste.
How Many Calories in this Easy Healthy Chile Corn Soup with Chicken and Black Beans?
According to my calculations, each serving has 256 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Be sure to check out my other WW friendly chili recipes, including The Best Vegetarian Chili, Healthy Tex-Mex Chili, Vegetarian Slow Cooker Lentil Chili, 2-Ingredient Chili Verde and Pepperoni Pizza Chili
If you've made this Creamy Chili-Corn Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Creamy Chili-Corn Soup with Chicken & Black Beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) creamed corn
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil and garlic over medium-high heat until the garlic begins to sizzle.
- Add the chili powder, cumin and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the creamed corn, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, black beans, chiles, and chicken and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, partially covered, to blend the flavors, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and season to taste with salt and pepper
Source: The Perfect Recipe for Losing Weight and Eating Great by Pam Anderson
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this chili-corn soup, you might also like:
- Turkey Chili Taco Soup (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Turkey Green Chili Chowder (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Mexican Chicken Soup (HungryGirl)
- Crock Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili (TheSkinnyishDish)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!