WW Recipe of the Day: WW Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Chili
(101 calories | 4 0 0 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Today I'm sharing a recipe for Vegetarian Chili that is healthy easy and delicious. It will warm you up and fill you up for *0 Freestyle SmartPoints!
WW Vegetarian Lentil Chili Recipe Notes
This is a hearty, tasty vegetarian chili recipe that is so good, you won't even miss the meat. It calls for lentils, which have a TON of protein and fiber, so in addition to being tasty, this chili is incredibly filling and satisfying.
If you wanted you could also add a can or two of your favorite beans too. I sometimes add a can of rinsed and drained black beans for a little variety.
A perfect lazy day recipe, once you add the ingredients to the slow cooker and give it a stir your work is basically done until dinner!
This recipe makes 8 generous servings. If you don't have a crowd to feed, you can portion out the leftovers and freeze them for future quick and easy healthy low calorie WW friendly meals.
- Top with your favorite chili toppings: cheese, chopped cilantro, diced avocado, chopped onion, light sour cream or plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Over rice, cauliflower rice, baked potato, zucchini, cornbread, or noodles
- Rolled or stuffed into a tortilla
Additions & Variations
Possible Additions: canned beans, rinsed and drained. Black bean, pinto bean, kidney bean would all work well.
Spicier? Add a chopped jalapeno chili or two and/or bit of cayenne pepper
Different spices? smoked paprika would be nice
How Many Calories/WW Points in this WW Vegetarian Lentil Recipe?
According to my calculations each generous 1-¼ cup serving has just 101 calories and
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you liked this WW vegetarian lentil chili you might also like: Spicy Red Lentil Soup, Savory Slow Cooker Brown Rice & Lentils, 3-Ingredient Crock Pot BBQ Lentils, WW Slow Cooker Vegetarian 2-Bean Burritos and Vegetarian Chili
If you've made this crock pot vegetarian lentil chili, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
WW Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Chili
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper (I used red instead)
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (I used 1 teaspoon jarred instead)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups brown lentils, picked over, rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces canned diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish, optional
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4- to 6-Quart.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the lentils and vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve garnished with lime and chopped fresh cilantro if desired.
Source: WW Veg Power Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Chili Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Crock Pot 3-Bean Turkey Sausage Chili
- Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili Verde
- Skinny Pepperoni Pizza Chili
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Black Bean Chili
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!