WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Vegetarian 2-Bean Burritos
(204 calories | *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
When it comes to satisfying a craving for Mexican food, burritos are hard to beat. Simple, comforting and delicious, what’s not to like?
While I love the way burritos from my favorite Mexican restaurants taste, they can really do a number on my daily Weight Watchers Points budget.
Simple WW slow cooker low-fat two bean burritos made at home that are just as flavorful and satisfying, but a lot lower in calories and fat.
This Weight Watchers Slow Cooker 2-Bean Burritos recipe is one of those super simple dump and dash dishes, perfect for busy days.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Low Fat Two-Bean Burritos
Just stir the ingredients for these burritos into your slow cooker and then at dinnertime let everyone assemble their own, with whatever toppings – salsa, light sour cream, a sprinkling of cheese, avocado/guacamole, chopped scallions – they like best.
Or if you prefer, assemble the burritos, top them with some enchilada sauce and a little cheese and give them a quick heat in the oven.
Or maybe make bean burrito bowls, serving the mixture atop a bed of rice or low carb cauliflower rice.
I love simple recipes like this that provide lots of options.
If you want to bulk these babies up even further, add some chopped onion, bell pepper, or whatever other vegetables you fancy, when you toss everything else into the crock pot (affiliate link).
According to my calculations each serving has 207 calories and *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 SmartPoints.
Under Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, this is just *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these easy, bean burritos made lighter, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Skinny Slow Cooker Chicken and Pinto Bean Tostadas, Slow Cooker Three-Bean Turkey Sausage Chili, 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Taco Fillings, Easy Stacked Chicken Enchiladas and Skinny Black Bean & Cheese Nachos
If you’ve made these Low-Fat Two Bean Burritos, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Two-Bean Burritos Recipe
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 3 tablespoons Mexican or taco seasoning (I used chili powder)
- 8 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
Additional Toppings, as desired
- salsa, cheese, avocado, guacamole, etc.
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart (for best results, your slow cooker should always be at least 1/2 full and no more than 3/4 full whenever you use it.)
- Pour off 1/2 cup of the liquid from the diced tomatoes and discard it.
- Combine the tomatoes and the remaining liquid, the pinto beans, black beans, corn and Mexican seasoning in your slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, until the flavors are blended and mixture is hot, 6 to 8 hours on LOW, or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.
- With a potato masher, fork or wooden spoon, coarsely mash the bean mixture.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the bean mixture over each warm tortilla. Top each burrito with 2 tablespoons of the sour cream. Fold two opposite sides of each burrito over the filling, then roll up jelly-roll style to enclose the filling.
Source: Weight Watchers All-Time Favorites: Over 200 Best-Ever Recipes from the Weight Watchers Test Kitchens (Weight Watchers Cooking)
This AllRecipes video shows how easy it is to make healthy slow cooker refried beans:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Burrito Recipes from some of my favorite Weight Watchers friendly recipe sites:
- Fully Loaded Burrito Bowl (HungryGirl)
- Steak Burrito (LaaLoosh)
- Healthy Breakfast Burrito (Cookin’Canuck)
- Chorizo & Egg White Breakfast Burrito (SkinnyTaste)
- Scoopable Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos (HungryGirl)
- Taco Bell SmartPoints (RecipeDiaries)
Kitchen Tools Used To Make This Crock Pot Two Bean Burritos Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!