WW Recipe of the Day: WW Friendly Crock Pot Taco Fillings
Summer always puts me in the mood for tacos. It must be something about the heat and humidity that reminds me of Mexico.
They are the perfect summer food, especially when you use your slow cooker to make the filling. Then you can use the leftovers to make burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, crunchy lettuce wraps or tasty salad toppings.
I scoured my favorite food blogs and websites to compile this collection of easy healthy tasty crock pot taco fillings and calculated the Weight Watchers Points to make it easier to stay on track. Enjoy!
WW Friendly Crock Pot Taco Fillings
Chicken Crock Pot Taco Fillings
1. Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Chicken Taco filling from Nutritionist in the Kitch. A perfect healthy interpretation of a not-so-healthy classic. 210 calories and *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per taco.
2. 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken from Simple Nourished Living. Make this using your favorite jarred salsa!
(187 calories | *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus | *0 to *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
3. Slow Cooker Chicken Black Bean Taco Filling from Five Heart Home. A filling of tender shredded chicken, black beans, corn, and your favorite toppings make for an effortless taco night since the slow cooker does all of the work. This crock pot taco filling will work with WW Simply Filling Technique.
4. Slow Cooker Honey-Sriracha Chicken from Simple Nourished Living. An easy to make, nicely balanced, not-to-sweet and not-too-spicy taco filling.
(237 calories | *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus | *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
5. Crock Pot Chicken Ranch Taco Filling from LaaLoosh. Toss a few ingredients in your slow cooker and several hours later you will have moist and yummy chicken taco filling you can use any multitude of ways.
(327 calories | *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus | *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
6. 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Taco Filling from Two Healthy Kitchens. In just five minutes these delicious chicken tacos are in the crock-pot and cooking away. How easy is that? Works with Simply Filling.
7. Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken from Slender Kitchen. This crock pot taco filling couldn't be easier – a jar of salsa, some chicken, and 4 hours later a delicious, healthy meal that tastes better than you could ever imagine with 164 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Beef & Pork Crock Pot Taco Fillings
8. Slow Cooked Pork Tacos from Taste of Home. Pork, red bell pepper, dried apricots and lime juice give this light and tasty taco filling recipe a Cuban twist. Add to my list of "Must Try" recipes with 300 calories and *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
9. Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef - In addition to making delicious restaurant quality tacos, this crock pot salsa beef would be delicious in burritos, enchiladas or quesadillas. To keep it lean I used a rump roast instead of chuck, which is tasty too, but higher in fat. Each serving has 152 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
10. Slow Cooked Chipotle Beef Taco Filling from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures. The key to keeping this easy tasty recipe light and healthy is to use at least 95% lean ground beef which has *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 3 ounce serving.
11. Crock Pot Korean Beef Tacos from Slender Kitchen. A simply delicious crock pot version of Asian tacos low in points and calories.
(208 calories | *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus | *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
12. Slow Cooker 4-Ingredient Ground Beef Filling from 365 Days of Slow Cooking. Simply put the ground meat in the slow cooker with some seasoning and turn it to low. How easy is that?
(233 Calories | *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus)
13. Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos from Emily Bites. These pulled pork tacos are so flavorful and easy to make with just the right amount of spice and sauce-to-meat ratio.
(193 calories | *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus | *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
14. Mexican Crock Pot Pork Carnitas from SkinnyTaste. An amazing pork recipe for the crock pot, easy, healthy and delicious. Coming home from work and smelling this when you walk in the door is heavenly.
(176 calories | (*4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus | *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
Vegetarian Crock Pot Taco Fillings
(Image Credit: Vegan in the Freezer)
15. Slow Cooker Vegan Chipotle Tacos from Vegan in the Freezer. Get the ingredients all together, put them in the crock pot, turn it on and that is it. After the cooking time has ended all you need to do is spoon it down the middle of a taco shell and eat it up. Works with Simply Filling.
16. Lentil Quinoa Taco Filling from Healthy Slow Cooking. Slow Cooker Vegan Lentil Quinoa Taco Filling from Healthy Slow Cooking sounds like the start of a perfect Meatless Monday dinner. Each serving of filling (without the shell) has just 49 calories and *1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
17. Slow Cooker Potato Tacos from She's Cookin - Instead of a handful of cheese, these vegetarian, gluten-free, low-fat, low calorie tacos are topped with a fruity salsa for a tropical twist.
What's your favorite taco? Have you ever used your crock pot to make taco fillings?
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!