WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken
(237 calories | *7 WW SmartPoints)
This simple protein-packed chicken dish combines honey, Sriracha chili sauce, chopped onion and a few spices—and then let your slow cooker do all the hard work.
Not quite sweet and not quite spicy, there’s a nicely balance sweet-spicy flavor that works well as low carb lettuce wraps, over low carb cauliflower rice—or as we enjoyed it—over warm quinoa.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Simple Slow Cooker Chicken Recip?
According to my calculations, each serving of slow cooker honey sriracha chicken has 237 calories, *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken Step-by-Step
Step 1: Gather all ingredients. In the slow cooker, stir together honey, Sriracha, garlic powder and onion powder until mixed.
Step 2:Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to slow cooker. Top with chopped onion.
Step 3: Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or on LOW for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
Step 4: Remove chicken to a plate and shred with two forks.
Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and stir to mix well with onions and sauce.
Step 5: Serve warm.
Shredded Honey Sriracha Chicken Serving Suggestions
Enjoy as lettuce wraps:
Enjoy as a protein-packed quinoa bowl:
Can also be served with your favorite whole wheat rolls, corn or flour tortillas, over zucchini noodles, or with white or brown rice.
Be sure to store your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you’ve made this Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- In the slow cooker, stir together honey, Sriracha, garlic powder and onion powder until mixed.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to slow cooker. Top with onion.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3-4 hours, or on LOW 5-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and stir to mix well with onions and sauce.
- Serve warm.
Recipe source: Hungry Girl Simply 6: All-Natural Recipes with 6 Ingredients or Less by Lisa Lillien
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Slow Cooked Honey Sriracha Chicken, you might also like:
- Easy 2-Ingredient Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
- 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef
- 2-Ingredient Crock Pot Italian Chicken
- 2-Ingredient Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!