Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day – Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef
(152 calories | *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I made crock pot salsa verde beef to use in tacos recently.
It was easy and delicious. And a big hit with both Rod and Mom.
This Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef has just 3 ingredients: beef, taco seasoning and green salsa.
And is best when it cooks low and slow. So it’s perfect for a busy day.
Skinny on Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef
To keep it lean I used a rump roast instead of chuck, which is tasty too, but higher in fat.
According to my calculations, each serving has 152 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
In addition to making delicious restaurant quality tacos, this crock pot salsa beef would be delicious in burritos, enchiladas or quesadillas. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy recipe for Slow Cooked Salsa Verde Beef, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including Balsamic Braised Beef, 2-Ingredient Salsa Chicken, 4-Ingredient Hawaiian Kalua Pork, 3-Ingredient Italian Beef and Caribbean Jerk Chicken
If you’ve made this low carb Salsa Verde Shredded Beef, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Recipe
- 2 pounds rump roast (or other lean beef roast)
- 1-1/4 ounces taco seasoning (1.25-ounce packet)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Ideal slow cooker size: 3- to 4-Quart.
- Place roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning packet all over the roast. Pour the salsa over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until beef is very tender and pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove beef from slow cooker. Drain the liquid from the slow cooker and set it aside.
- Shred the beef by cutting it into chunks and then pulling it apart with two forks. Discard any fat and place the shredded beef back into slow cooker.
- Pour 1/2 - 1 cup of the liquid back into shredded beef.
- Reduce setting to WARM until ready to serve.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here’s another easy recipe for Crock Pot Salsa Verde Pork:
More Lightened Up Crock Pot Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Crock Pot Beef Tacos (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas (SlenderKitchen)
- Clean Eating Crock Pot Chicken Tacos (DashingDish)
- Slow Cooker White Chicken & Quinoa Chili (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Beef Machaca (SlenderKitchen)
Here’s another way to make Slow Cooker Mexican-Style Beef:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!