Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day - Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef
I made salsa verde beef to use in tacos recently. It was easy and delicious. And a big hit with both Rod and Mom.
This Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef has just 3 ingredients: beef, taco seasoning and green salsa.
And is best when it cooks low and slow. So it's perfect for a busy day.
To keep it lean I used a rump roast instead of chuck, which is tasty too, but higher in fat.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Salsa Verde Beef?
According to my calculations, each serving has 152 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
In addition to making delicious restaurant quality tacos, this crock pot salsa beef would be delicious in burritos, enchiladas or quesadillas. Enjoy!
If you like this easy recipe for Slow Cooked Salsa Verde Beef, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including Balsamic Braised Beef, 2-Ingredient Salsa Chicken, 4-Ingredient Hawaiian Kalua Pork, 3-Ingredient Italian Beef and Caribbean Jerk Chicken
If you've made this low carb Salsa Verde Shredded Beef, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef Recipe
- 2 pounds rump roast (or other lean beef roast)
- 1-¼ ounces taco seasoning (1.25-ounce packet)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Ideal slow cooker size: 3- to 4-Quart.
- Place roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning packet all over the roast. Pour the salsa over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until beef is very tender and pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove beef from slow cooker. Drain the liquid from the slow cooker and set it aside.
- Shred the beef by cutting it into chunks and then pulling it apart with two forks. Discard any fat and place the shredded beef back into slow cooker.
- Pour ½ - 1 cup of the liquid back into shredded beef.
- Reduce setting to WARM until ready to serve.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's another easy recipe for Crock Pot Salsa Verde Pork:
More Lightened Up Crock Pot Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Crock Pot Beef Tacos (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas (SlenderKitchen)
- Clean Eating Crock Pot Chicken Tacos (DashingDish)
- Slow Cooker White Chicken & Quinoa Chili (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Beef Machaca (SlenderKitchen)
Here's another way to make Slow Cooker Mexican-Style Beef:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!