Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 189 – Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef
I made crock pot salsa verde beef to use in tacos on Cinco de Mayo.
It was easy and delicious. And a big hit with both Rod and Mom.
This Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef has just 3 ingredients: beef, taco seasoning and green salsa.
And is best when it cooks low and slow.
So it’s perfect for a busy day.
Skinny on Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef
To keep it lean I used a rump roast instead of chuck, which is tasty too, but higher in fat.
According to my calculations, each serving has 152 calories, 4* Weight Watchers Points Plus and 3* WW SmartPoints.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
In addition to making delicious restaurant quality tacos, this crock pot salsa beef would be delicious in burritos, enchiladas or quesadillas.
- 2 pound rump roast (or other lean beef roast)
- 1.25 ounce taco seasoning packet
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3 to 4-Quart
- Place roast in the slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning packet all over the roast. Pour the salsa over the beef.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until beef is very tender and pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove beef from slow cooker. Drain the liquid from the slow cooker and set it aside.
- Shred the beef by cutting it into chunks and then pulling it apart with two forks. Discard any fat and place the shredded beef back into slow cooker.
- Pour ½ - 1 cup of the liquid back into shredded beef.
- Reduce setting to WARM until ready to serve.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Liked Crock Pot Salsa Verde Beef, You Might Also Like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.