Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Stacked Chicken Enchiladas
My email inbox keeps blessing me with the perfect recipes just when I need them. This one for easy stacked chicken enchiladas is a great example.
It arrived just this week as I was trying to figure out how best to use up leftover grilled chicken and corn tortillas.
A quick check of the ingredients list confirmed I had everything on hand I needed to make them, which is exactly what I did yesterday.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Stacked Enchiladas?
According to my calculations, each serving has 230 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Stacked Chicken Enchiladas Recipe Notes
These enchiladas are the stacked version of a classic Tex-Mex casserole combining shredded cooked chicken, black beans, corn tortillas and cheddar cheese with a simple enchilada/picante sauce .
I made a few changes to make the recipe easier and a little more Weight Watchers friendly.
I skipped an initial step of cooking chopped bell pepper and garlic in oil. I thought there would be enough flavor with the sauce and it saved me from having to turn on the stove and dirty a skillet.
I also changed the ratio of enchilada sauce and picante sauce and used low-fat cheddar cheese to lighten it up.
Easy to make and packed with flavor, I'll be making this again the next time I need a way to use up cooked chicken and tortillas. Enjoy!
If you've made this Chicken Enchiladas, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Stacked Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup enchilada sauce
- ¾ cup picante sauce
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. (I used my toaster oven since it's large enough to hold a 9-inch pie plate .)
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the chicken, black beans and green onions. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, stir together the enchilada and picante sauces.
- Coat both sides of one tortilla with the sauce mixture and place it in the prepared pie plate . Top with ⅓ of the chicken mixture and ¼ cup cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining tortilla, sauce and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Source: adapted from Taste of Home
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these easy stacked chicken enchiladas you might also like:
- Easy Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole
- Weight Watchers Taco Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Black Beans
- Weight Watchers Cheese & Black Bean Nachos
- Crock Pot Taco Fillings
- Easy Mexican Skillet Pizza
Kitchen Tools Used to Make These Enchiladas
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!