Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Chicken Fajitas
(216 calories | 2 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Looking for a low-cal or low-carb option for fajitas? We’ve got you covered!
Fajitas are AWESOME, easy to make, and can definitely be made light and healthy. They one of my favorite Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes.
Marinated boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sautéed with red and green bell peppers and onions, served with a variety of accompaniments. These fajitas need to soak in the marinade for at least 30 minutes, so be sure to plan ahead.
I love fajitas, so I’m not sure why I don’t make them at home more often. This recipe proves just how easy healthy and delicious homemade fajitas can be.
While the recipe for Weight Watchers Steak Fajitas I made a while back is really good, this recipe is even quicker and easier, and calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, so it’s lighter too.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Easy Healthy Chicken Fajitas?
According to my calculations, each serving has 216 calories and
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
This works with Simply Filling too, provided you eat them without tortillas, or with reduced-fat corn tortillas or lettuce wrap “shells”, which will cost you *0 SmartPoints/PointsPlus.
And there are many great low calorie and low carb options for tortillas these days too, which will help keep the points low. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Easy Healthy Chicken Fajitas Recipe Notes
I found the recipe in Eating for Life: Your Guide to Great Health, Fat Loss and Increased Energy , a cookbook I borrowed from the library last week.
Healthy Chicken Fajitas Recipe Variations
Different meats – lean steak, pork, or shrimp would all be yummy ingredients
Vegetarian – skip the meat and use more vegetables (mushrooms, zucchini, corn, etc)
More veggies – sliced zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and corn would all be good
Spicy – add sliced or chopped jalapeño peppers
Different seasonings – chili powder, cumin, garlic powder or packaged taco or fajita seasoning are the most obvious choices
Optional Chicken Fajita Garnishes:
- Small flour or corn tortillas
- Shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- Salsa or Pico de Gallo
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Guacamole or chopped mashed avocado
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
Fajitas Salads – toss your fajitas with chopped romaine lettuce, slices of avocado, and sliced grape tomatoes to turn your fajitas into a light, healthy and delicious fajitas salad like this one that came across my Facebook feed recently.
Just decrease the oil to keep things SmartPoints friendly….
How to Make Chicken Fajita Salad
Fajitas Bowls – Top rice (or cauliflower rice) and/or black beans with your fajitas mixture and your choice of optional additional garnishes to make light and healthy “chicken fajita bowls”.
If you like this easy recipe for chicken fajitas, be sure to check out some of my other easy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Southern BBQ Shrimp, Easy 3-Ingredient Sloppy Joe’s, Zucchini, Tomato & Mushroom Skillet, Tex-Mex Shrimp Rolls and Skinny Pepperoni Pizza Chili
If you’ve made this Healthy Chicken Fajitas, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Healthy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or more to taste)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- In a large zipper-lock plastic bag, combine the sliced chicken, Italian dressing and chili powder. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag, turning and squeezing to coat the chicken. Refrigerate to marinate at least 30 minutes. (Marinate longer, perhaps overnight, to enhance flavor even more.)
- Lightly coat a large skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and marinade and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 8 - 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl and cover it to keep warm.
- Lightly coat the same skillet with more cooking spray. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the green and red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 7 minutes longer.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the skill and stir to combine and heat through, about 2 more minutes.
- Serve with tortillas, beans, or rice and your favorite garnishes such as salsa, shredded cheese, lime wedges and/or guacamole.
Source: Eating for Life: Your Guide to Great Health, Fat Loss and Increased Energy by Bill Phillips
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Fun Fajita Food Facts:
- A fajita is a term found in Southwest/Tex-Mex cooking which refers to any grilled meat served in a taco or on a flour or corn tortilla.
- Popular variations of fajitas today include beef, chicken, pork, shrimp and even vegetarian.
- Popular condiments for serving fajitas include shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, cheese, and tomato.
More Healthy Fajitas Recipes from My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites:
- Weight Watchers Steak Fajitas (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Easy Healthy Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Baked Chicken Fajitas (Slender Kitchen)
- Shrimp Fajitas (SkinnyTaste)
- Fajita Stuffed Chicken (Hungry Girl)
- One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta (SkinnyTaste)
- Crock Pot Lime Chicken Fajitas (Dashing Dish)
- Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas (Organize Yourself Skinny)
- Healthy Chicken Fajita Omelette (Hungry Girl)
- Healthy Fajita Chicken Bowl (Hungry Girl)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!