Weight Watchers SmartPoints Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Zucchini Tomato Mushroom Skillet
Here’s a quick and easy vegetable skillet you can vary a multitude of ways.
Serve it as a side dish with chicken, fish or meat.
Or turn it into a one-dish meal by adding in the protein of your choice.
Skinny on Easy Healthy Zucchini Mushroom Tomato Skillet
This is an easy, healthy and delicious way to serve up summer vegetables. All of these vegetables are zero points on Weight Watchers so the only ingredient that counts is the oil, adding 1 SmartPoint per teaspoon.
Though I think zucchini, yellow summer squash, mushrooms and grape tomatoes are a winning combination, this recipe can be adjusted to suit your likes and what’s available.
According to my calculations, each serving of this veggie sauté has approximately 40 calories, *1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Zucchini, Tomato & Mushroom Skillet Recipe Variations
different vegetables: onion, bell pepper and/or corn would be nice
different seasonings: basil, oregano, cilantro, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc.
spicy: crushed red pepper flakes
cheesy: grated Parmesan, fresh mozzarella, or feta would be nice
hearty: the addition of sliced chicken breast, shrimp, scallops, tofu, sausage, canned drained beans (or any other favorite lean protein) could easily turn this into a healthy one-dish meal
If you enjoy this is easy skillet recipe with zucchini, tomato and mushrooms, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Slow Cooker Ratatouille, Summer Corn Tomato Salad, Skinny Baked Eggplant Parmesan Melts, Easy WW Ratatouille and Crock Pot Vegetable Quinoa
If you’ve made this healthy vegetable skillet, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Healthy Zucchini Tomato Mushroom Skillet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, green onion and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes begin to soften, an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Source: adapted from Betty Crocker Cookbook: 1500 Recipes for the Way You Cook Today
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video shows how easy it is to make up your own veggie skillet at home:
I used the following kitchen tools to make this easy, healthy Zucchini, Mushroom & Tomato Skillet recipe:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Veggie Skillet Recipes:
- Summer Vegetable Skillet with Sausage & Potatoes (SkinnyTaste)
- Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Skillet (Cookin’Canuck)
- Skinny Thai Peanut Skillet with Veggies &
- Cheesy Chicken Veggie & Pasta Skillet (EmilyBites)
- Skillet Veggie & Cheese Stuffed Shells (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Skillet Mexican Zucchini (SkinnyTaste)
In this video, Dani Spies shows how to make turkey & zucchini skillet:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!