Weight Watchers SmartPoints Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Zucchini Tomato Mushroom Skillet
Here’s a quick and easy vegetable skillet you can vary a multitude of ways. Serve it as a side dish with chicken, fish or meat. Or turn it into a one-dish meal by adding in the protein of your choice.
Skinny on Easy Healthy Zucchini Mushroom Tomato Skillet
This is an easy, healthy and delicious way to serve up summer vegetables. All of these vegetables are zero points on Weight Watchers so the only ingredient that counts is the oil, adding 1 SmartPoint per teaspoon. Though I think zucchini, yellow summer squash, mushrooms and grape tomatoes are a winning combination, this recipe can be adjusted to suit your likes and what’s available.
different vegetables: onion, bell pepper and/or corn would be nice
different seasonings: basil, oregano, cilantro, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc.
spicy: crushed red pepper flakes
cheesy: grated Parmesan, fresh mozzarella, or feta would be nice
hearty: the addition of sliced chicken breast, shrimp, scallops, tofu, sausage or canned drained beans could turn this into a one-dish meal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼-inch thick slices ( 1 cup)
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into ¼-inch thick slices (1 cup)
- 1 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (3 ounces)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, green onion and salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes begin to soften, an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Source: adapted from Betty Crocker Cookbook: 1500 Recipes for the Way You Cook Today
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers zero points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
I used the following kitchen tools to make this easy, healthy recipe:
Roberta hit rock bottom at 48 years old. She weighed 171 lbs. at 5'1". She suffered from back pain, thyroid problems and adrenal issues. Yet as you can see it’s all behind her now. And she feels and looks like a woman half her age!... Following Eat Stop Eat gave Roberta the freedom she needed. It allowed her body to naturally find its own weight loss rhythm. And the results are stunning!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.