Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Baked Eggplant Parmesan Melts
Slices of eggplant baked and then topped with sliced fresh tomatoes, diced mozzarella and grated Parmesan, baked again for a few minutes until melty, then topped with fresh basil.
You get all the delicious flavors of eggplant parmesan with a lot less fat and calories. It's much lighter, healthier, and easier than traditional eggplant parmesan too.
I feel like I've been on a bit of a "Parmesan" kick recently. Chicken Parmesan and Eggplant Parmesan are two of my all-time favorite dishes.
A few weeks ago I made a yummy Weight Watchers version of Chicken Parmesan that was a huge hit.
The recipe for these easy healthy skinny baked eggplant Parmesan melts is another winner from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness (affiliate link) by Camilla Saulsbury, which has turned out to be my most-used cookbook of the summer.
Serve with a simple green salad and crusty whole-grain bread for a deliciously light and healthy dinner.
How Many Calories and WW Points in Baked Eggplant Parmesan Melts?
According to my calculations each serving has 180 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this easy Eggplant Parmesan Melts, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Eggplant Parmesan Melts Recipe
- non-stick cooking spray, preferably olive oil
- 2 large eggplants, trimmed and cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella in water, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray or for easy cleanup, first line your pan with foil and then coat the foil with spray.
- Lightly spray both sides of the eggplant slices with cooking spray, then place them on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle on ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven until softened, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of the eggplant slices. Evenly sprinkle on the mozzarella cubes, Parmesan and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with basil.
Source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness (affiliate link) by Camilla Saulsbury
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Light & Healthy Weight Watchers Friendly Eggplant Recipes:
- Easy Weight Watchers Friendly Ratatouille
- Baked Eggplant Parmigiana (Weight Watchers)
- Lighter Eggplant Parmesan (SkinnyTaste)
- Paleo Stuffed Eggplant (with Ground Beef) (Everyday Maven)
- Eggplant Parmesan Salad (Everyday Maven)
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
What a quick and cute idea for eggplant parmesan! I think I've just found a new lunch.
Easy. Healthy. Skinny. A great combination! Roasted eggplant gets so soft, this recipe must be a real trick, timing-wise, getting the eggplant done, the tomatoes warm and the cheese melted and browning. Nice contribution to power foods!