Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Baked Eggplant Parmesan Melts
Slices of eggplant baked and then topped with sliced fresh tomatoes, diced mozzarella and grated Parmesan, baked again for a few minutes until melty, then topped with fresh basil.
You get all the delicious flavors of eggplant parmesan with a lot less fat and calories. It's much lighter, healthier, and easier than traditional eggplant parmesan too.
I feel like I've been on a bit of a "Parmesan" kick recently. Chicken Parmesan and Eggplant Parmesan are two of my all-time favorite dishes.
A few weeks ago I made a yummy Weight Watchers version of Chicken Parmesan that was a huge hit.
The recipe for these easy healthy skinny baked eggplant Parmesan melts is another winner from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury, which has turned out to be my most-used cookbook of the summer.
Serve with a simple green salad and crusty whole-grain bread for a deliciously light and healthy dinner.
How Many Calories and WW Points in Baked Eggplant Parmesan Melts?
According to my calculations each serving has 180 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this easy Eggplant Parmesan Melts, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Eggplant Parmesan Melts Recipe
- non-stick cooking spray, preferably olive oil
- 2 large eggplants, trimmed and cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella in water, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray or for easy cleanup, first line your pan with foil and then coat the foil with spray.
- Lightly spray both sides of the eggplant slices with cooking spray, then place them on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle on ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven until softened, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of the eggplant slices. Evenly sprinkle on the mozzarella cubes, Parmesan and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with basil.
Source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Light & Healthy Weight Watchers Friendly Eggplant Recipes:
- Easy Weight Watchers Friendly Ratatouille
- Baked Eggplant Parmigiana (Weight Watchers)
- Lighter Eggplant Parmesan (SkinnyTaste)
- Paleo Stuffed Eggplant (with Ground Beef) (Everyday Maven)
- Eggplant Parmesan Salad (Everyday Maven)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!