Slices of eggplant baked and then topped with sliced fresh tomatoes, diced mozzarella and grated Parmesan, baked again for a few minutes until melty, then topped with fresh basil. You get all the delicious flavors of eggplant parmesan with a lot less fat and calories. It’s much lighter, healthier, and easier than traditional eggplant parmesan too.
I feel like I’ve been on a bit of a “Parmesan” kick recently. Chicken Parmesan and Eggplant Parmesan are two of my all-time favorite dishes. A few weeks ago I made a yummy Weight Watchers version of Chicken Parmesan that was a huge hit.
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
Skinny on Baked Eggplant Parmesan Melts
The recipe for these easy healthy skinny baked eggplant Parmesan melts is another winner from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury, which has turned out to be my most-used cookbook of the summer.
Serve with a simple green salad and crusty whole-grain bread for a deliciously light and healthy dinner. According to my calculations each serving has 180 calories and *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- nonstick cooking spray (preferably olive oil)
- 2 large eggplants, trimmed and cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella in water, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray or for easy cleanup, first line your pan with foil and then coat the foil with spray.
- Lightly spray both sides of the eggplant slices with cooking spray, then place them on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle on ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven until softened, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of the eggplant slices. Evenly sprinkle on the mozzarella cubes, Parmesan and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with basil.
*PointsPlus® for calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
More Light & Healthy Weight Watchers Friendly Eggplant Recipes:
- Easy Weight Watchers Friendly Ratatouille
- Eggplant Parmigiana (Weight Watchers)
- Lighter Eggplant Parmesan (SkinnyTaste)
- Comfort Food Eggplant Casserole (Everyday Maven)
- Eggplant Parmesan Salad (Everyday Maven)
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.