(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 174 – Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Beans)
These slow cooker Caribbean black beans aren’t only delicious.
They’re super healthy.
I served them with yellow rice for supper one night.
And then scooped them on top of salads for lunch.
They’d be good as a side dish, stuffed into burritos, used to make skinny cheese & black bean nachos, or turned into soup too.
Everyone who tried this batch of slow cooker Caribbean black beans gave them an enthusiastic thumbs up. Making beans delicious is all about the seasoning. And this combination of spices and mango is truly magical.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Beans
To keep my slow cooker Caribbean black beans vegetarian I substituted vegetable broth for chicken.
Each serving has 157 calories, *3 SmartPoints, *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus and is Simply Filling.
- 1 pound dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained.
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced, divided use
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (I used jarred)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, plus more for serving
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6-Quart
- Place the beans in the slow cooker. Set aside ½ cup of the diced mango for adding at the end. Add the remaining mango, garlic, curry powder, allspice, paprika, ginger, Tabasco sauce and vegetable broth. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until the beans are completely soft. The mango will melt into the bean juices during the long slow cooking. Just before serving carefully stir in the remaining ½ cup mango. Taste and add salt and pepper and more Tabasco to suit your tastes.
Source: 365 Slow Cooker Suppers
How to Cut a Mango
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker Caribbean black beans, you might also like…
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker Caribbean black beans calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Today’s Food for Thought
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
~ Dr. Seuss
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
I used the 6-quart ceramic insert from my Hamilton Beach 3-in-1 Slow Cooker to make these slow cooker caribbean Black Beans:
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.