WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Beans
These slow cooker Caribbean black beans aren't only delicious.
They're super healthy.
Economical. And versatile.
I served them with yellow rice for supper one night.
And then scooped them on top of salads for lunch.
They'd be good as a side dish, stuffed into burritos, used to make skinny cheese & black bean nachos, or turned into soup too.
Everyone who tried this batch of Caribbean Black Beans with mango gave them an enthusiastic thumbs up.
Making beans delicious is all about the seasoning. And this combination of spices and mango is truly magical.
The Skinny on Slow Cooked Caribbean Black Beans
To keep my slow cooker Caribbean black beans vegetarian I substituted vegetable broth for chicken.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Recipe?
Each Simply Filling serving has about 157 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan, each serving is now *0 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
If you like these Slow Cooked Caribbean Black Beans with Mango, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Skinny Black Bean Mango Salsa, Skinny Delicious Black Bean Soup Recipes, Weight Watchers Skinny Cheese & Black Bean Nachos, Cumin-Scented Blacks Beans & Quinoa and Skinny Black Bean Brownies
If you've made these Crock Pot Mango Black Beans, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Caribbean Black Beans Recipe
- 1 pound dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained.
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced, divided use
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (I used jarred)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, plus more for serving
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6-Quart.
- Place the beans in the slow cooker.
- Set aside ½ cup of the diced mango for adding at the end. Add the remaining mango, garlic, curry powder, allspice, paprika, ginger, Tabasco sauce and vegetable broth . Stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until the beans are completely soft. The mango will melt into the bean juices during the long slow cooking.
- Just before serving carefully stir in the remaining ½ cup mango.
- Taste and add salt and pepper and more Tabasco to suit your tastes.
Source: 365 Slow Cooker Suppers by Stephanie O'Dea
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.Watch and learn how to easily cut a mango:
If you like crock pot Caribbean black beans, you might also like
- Southwestern Shrimp & Black Bean Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Southwest Black Bean Egg Muffins (SlenderKitchen)
- 4-Ingredient Corn & Black Bean Soup (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Instant Pot Rock Creek Ranch Black Beans (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- CrockPot Chicken Tortilla Soup with Black Beans (Simple-Nourished-Living)
I used the 6-quart ceramic insert from my Crock-Pot 3-in-1 Slow Cooker to make these Caribbean Black Beans:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!