WW Recipe of the Day: Sheet Pan Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli
(234 calories | 3 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This easy, healthy and delicious roasted shrimp and broccoli recipe is a great easy healthy alternative to stir-frying. Perfect for a busy weeknight.
I much prefer dinners that bake in the oven.
They’re easier, less stressful and much less messy than most dishes you cook on the stovetop.
And I’m all about keeping it easy in the kitchen.
This is very loosely based on a roasted shrimp and broccoli recipe by Melissa Clark, that I came across recently.
I loved the concept of a roasted one dish dinner. But her version called for whole cumin seeds and coriander seeds, spices I don’t stock in my simple spice cupboard.
I decided to stick with ingredients we love and always have around instead – lemon and garlic.
I think this would be good as an Asian roasted shrimp and broccoli too. Just add some soy sauce, fresh ginger and garnish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
The Skinny on Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli
We enjoyed this simple roasted shrimp and broccoli dish for dinner last night and decided it was so easy and delicious it should make a regular appearance in our dinner rotation.
Since the broccoli takes longer to cook, you want to give it a 15-minute head start before adding the shrimp to the pan.
I would use this roasted shrimp and recipe with the Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique too. Would you?
According to my calculations, each serving has 234 calories and
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli Recipe Variations:
No shrimp? Shrimp-size chunks of chicken would work
Different veg – asparagus, cauliflower, carrots, brussels sprouts, zucchini, etc. would be great, as would a combination
Different spices & seasonings – use what you like – basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic, ginger, cumin, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, soy sauce, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, etc.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make sheet pan roasted shrimp with lemon and garlic:
If you like this easy sheet pan roasted shrimp with broccoli, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly shrimp recipes including No-Cook Tex-Mex Shrimp Rolls, Slow Cooker Corn & Shrimp Chowder, Easy Slow Cooker Shrimp Curry, Southwest Shrimp and Black Bean Salad and Crock Pot White Beans & Shrimp
If you’ve made this Oven-Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli Recipe
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (jarred is fine)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined, defrosted if frozen
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon wedges for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil, to make cleanup easier.
- Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of the stalk attached to the florets. Either discard the rest of the stalks or do what I do - cut and discard about 1/2-inch off the bottom end and the portion from the top with all the little branches extending out. Peel the remaining stalk and cut it into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the broccoli on the sheet pan. Sprinkle the garlic over the broccoli and then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Massage and toss it all together and then spread the broccoli out on the baking sheet so it is distributed in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the broccoli is roasting, place the shrimp in a small bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, lemon zest, wine (if desired), 1/2 teaspoon salt and sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper. Stir the mixture around and let the shrimp marinate until it's time to add them to the pan.
- Once the broccoli has roasted for 15 minutes, add the shrimp to the baking pan and toss them in with the broccoli, distributing them around the pan. Roast until the shrimp are just opaque and the broccoli is tender and browned on some of the tips, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the lemon juice. Serve immediately, along with extra lemon wedges, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Sheet Pan Meals You Might Like:
- Sheet Pan Shrimp with Broccolini & Tomatoes (SkinnyTaste)
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas (SlenderKitchen)
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon & Vegetables (SkinnyTaste)
- Healthy Sheet Pan Mediterranean Shrimp & Veggies (HungryGirl)
- Roasted Curry Shrimp & Zucchini Sheet Pan Meal (Cookin’Canuck)
- Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Salmon, Asparagus & Potatoes (RecipeDiaries)
- One Pan Blackened Cod with Sweet Potatoes & Zucchini (SlenderKitchen)
- Easy, Oven-Baked Sheet Pan Asian Stir-Fry (TheYummyLife)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!