Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Low-Fat Asian Slaw with Pineapple
Shredded green and red cabbage, carrots, chopped scallions, toasted sesame seeds, and pineapple tidbits tossed with a zingy low-fat bottled Asian vinaigrette.
To keep this low-fat Asian slaw super quick and easy, I used already shredded red & green cabbage mix.
This Fast Asian Slaw Recipe from The Dinner Doctor cookbook popped into my head as I was trying to come up with another easy salad or side dish to go with our completely non-traditional Memorial Day dinner of baked ham, potato salad, and Mom’s broccoli casserole.
I thought “coleslaw,” but didn’t want a creamy one. Don’t get me wrong, I love creamy coleslaw, but it would have been too much mayonnaise on the menu, since we already had it going on in the potato salad and broccoli casserole.
Skinny on Easy Low Fat Asian Slaw
Using pre-shredded coleslaw mix and bottled Asian vinaigrette (I like Newman’s Own Lighten Up! Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing with only 35 calories and 1.5 g fat in a 2 tablespoons serving) saves a ton of time too.
To toast the sesame seeds, place them in a heavy skillet over medium heat and stir them until the begin to darken slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Then remove them from the pan immediately so they don’t burn.
According to my calculations each serving has 72 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy, low-fat Asian slaw with pineapple, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly side dish recipes including Easy Healthy Asian Spaghetti Squash Salad, Skinny Broccoli Salad, WW Cucumber Salad, Camilla’s Broccoli Slaw with Cranberries and WW Carrot Salad with Raisins & Walnuts
If you’ve made this Asian Slaw with Pineapple, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Quick & Easy Low-Fat Asian Slaw with Pineapple Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 4 scallions, chopped (both white and green parts)
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup low-fat Asian sesame ginger dressing (such as Newman's Own)
- Place the coleslaw mix, scallions, drained pineapple tidbits, and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the mixture and toss to combine well.
- Serve the slaw right away, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Recipe Source: adapted from The Dinner Doctor by Anne Byrn
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this post and recipe for Quick & Easy Low Fat Asian Slaw, check out these links:
- My post and recipe for Citrus Spinach Salad with Zesty Lime Vinaigrette
- My post and recipe for Asian-inspired Satay Chicken Pasta Salad that also uses bottled Asian vinaigrette
- Creamy Coleslaw with Greek yogurt and apples (Laaloosh)
- Cooking Light’s Tangy Mustard Coleslaw (MyRecipes)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!