Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Grilled Chicken Recipes
Spring is in the air. Summer is quickly approaching.
Which means grilling season is nearly upon us.
And for those of us trying to eat lighter and healthier, that can mean only one thing: Grilled Chicken.
I don’t grill. I rarely grill.
I know it makes me seem somehow un-American. I don’t care.
When temperatures soar well into the triple digits, I much prefer cooking within the cool confines of my air-conditioned, mosquito and fly-free kitchen.
I’m lazy. I’m spoiled. I like to be comfortable. I admit it.
Though partial to slow cooking, I’m fine with broiling (inverted grilling).
And perfectly okay with grill pans and electric grilling devices that allow me to cook indoors.
So today, I’m giving away a George Foreman Indoor Grill for others who feel the same about cooking over open flames as I do! (You’ll find all the details below.) (Giveaway has ended.)
I’ve also compiled a comprehensive list of delicious skinny grilled chicken recipes from my favorite Weight Watchers recipe sites to take you through spring and summer grilling in style, including my current favorite recipe for grilled chicken: Ina Garten’s Grilled Lemon Chicken from her original The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook.
I’ve been making it forever, only skinnier. I love Ina and olive oil, but it’s pricey in more ways than one.
So, if you’re watching your pocketbook and/or your Weight Watchers points, do what I do, use a whole lot less.
Here’s another easy + healthy recipe for grilled lemon chicken:
For A Limited Time:
Enjoy 25% off your meal plan subscription when you subscribe by Sun. (8/21)
Skinny on Barefoot Contessa Grilled Lemon Chicken Made Lighter
According to Ina, this is a famous Barefoot Contessa recipe used to make millions and millions of pounds of chicken through the years, when she ran her specialty food shop/catering business.
They recommend this light and yummy grilled lemon chicken as an appetizer with satay dip, mixed with vegetables and lemon vinaigrette for lunch and served whole as part of a healthy and delicious dinner.
The longer you marinate the chicken the better.
I cut way back on the olive oil and don’t count it in the points determination since the marinade is discarded, leaving only a negligible amount on the chicken.
This will work with Weight Watchers Simply Filling.
Skinny Grilled Chicken Recipe Variations
Different meats/fish: Chicken thighs, shrimp, swordfish, halibut, tuna etc,
Zestier: add Dijon mustard, chopped garlic, dried red pepper flakes
Simple and Delicious, this Grilled Lemon Chicken Recipe from the Barefoot Contessa made lighter, healthier and more Weight Watchers friendly. Note: This chicken needs to marinate for several hours before cooking for best flavor!
- 3/4 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, halved and skin removed (about 8 4-ounce chicken breasts)
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Pour over the chicken breasts in a non-reactive bowl.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. (Alternatively I place the chicken and marinade in a plastic zipper-lock bag before refrigerating.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. (Discard the marinade.)
Heat a grill, broiler or grill pan and cook the chicken breasts for 5 to 10 minutes on each side (depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts), until just cooked through.
Serve warm, chilled or at room temperature.
*2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
*2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints
Tag @simplenourishedliving on Instagram and hashtag it #simplenourishedliving
Source: adapted from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
26 More Skinny Grilled Chicken Recipes from my favorite Weight Watchers sites:
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs, 176 calories, 5PP, 3 SmartPoints
- WW Grilled Lemon Chicken Breasts with Tarragon, 141 cals, 3PP, 2 SmartPoints
- Grilled Chicken Greek Salad, 235 calories, 6PP, 5 SmartPoints
- WW Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken, 5PP, 5 SmartPoints
- Grilled Chicken Bruschetta, 237 calories, 6PP, 6 SmartPoints (SkinnyTaste)
- Korean Grilled Chicken Breasts, 121 calories, 3PP, 3 SmartPoints (SkinnyTaste)
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Lettuce Slaw, Avocado and Cotija, 326 calories, 9PP, 9 SmartPoints (SkinnyTaste)
- Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Vegetables, 273 calories, 7PP, 5 SmartPoints (SkinnyTaste)
- Cilantro Grilled Chicken Breasts, 141 calories, 3 Points Plus (LaaLoosh)
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Red Pepper Cilantro Pesto, 204 calories, 6 PointsPlus (Cookin’ Cannuck)
- Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs, 147 calories, 4PP, 6 SmartPoints (SkinnyTaste)
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs, 160 calories, 5 PointsPlus (Dashing Dish)
- Grilled Lemon Dijon chicken Skewers, 164 calories, 4PP, 2 SmartPoints (SkinnyTaste)
- Grilled Sriracha Barbecue Chicken, 210 calories, 5PP, 5 SmartPoints (Slender Kitchen)
- Grilled Chicken Pesto Wraps, 259 calories, 7PP, 6 SmartPoints (Emily Bites)
- Honey Soy Parmesan Grilled Chicken, 191 calories, 5PP, 4 SmartPoints (Dashing Dish)
- Grilled Chicken Tenders with Chipotle Lime Yogurt 180 calories, 4 PointsPlus (Cookin’ Canuck)
- Grilled Greek Chicken, 204 calories, 5 PointsPlus (LaaLoosh)
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken, 236 calories, 6PP, 6 SmartPoints (Slender Kitchen)
- Grilled Chicken Zucchini and Quinoa Salad, 329 calories, 9PP, 9SP (Slender Kitchen)
- Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken 204 calories, 4 Points Plus (Hungry Girl)
- Grilled Basil Lime Chicken, 202 calories, 5PP, 4 SmartPoints (Slender Kitchen)
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken, 203 calories, 4PP, 5 SmartPoints (Slender Kitchen)
- BBQ Marinated Grilled Chicken, 240 calories, 6PP, 4 SmartPoints (Green Lite Bites)
- Thai Chicken Skewers with Peanut Sauce, 220 calories, 5PP, 5 SmartPoints (Emily Bites)
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken, 232 calories, 6PP, 6 SmartPoints (Slender Kitchen)
Still my favorite way of cooking…
5/8/16 GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED!!
The winner of the George Foreman Grill is:
Krystal S. “Grilled chicken bruschetta! I am afraid of the BBQ and an indoor grill may just be the answer.”
Congratulations, Krystal! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize!
And thanks to all of you who stopped by and participated by sharing which yummy grilled chicken recipe you would make first?
Grill Pan Giveaway Details…
Today, because it’s Friday, because spring is in the air, and because I hate grilling outside, I’m giving away a George Foreman Grill…
To enter the giveaway, just answer the following question in the Comments section of this post:
“Which of these 27 skinny grilled chicken recipes would you choose to make first with an indoor grill and why?”
Just let me know which recipe looks best to you and why and you’re entered to win the indoor grill.
One entry per person, please
Winners will be announced Sunday night. Be sure to check back to see if you won.
Giveaway sponsored by Simple Nourished Living.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.