Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Grilled Lemon Tarragon Chicken
When you’re following Weight Watchers or any healthy low calorie eating plan, you tend to eat a lot of boneless skinless chicken.
It’s the default protein of choice for many of us. And it’s easy to get stuck in a rut cooking it.
Especially since December 2017, when boneless skinless chicken breast became a 0 SmartPoints food on the latest Weight Watchers Freestyle Program.
Learn more about WW Freestyle in this short video:
But, boneless skinless chicken breasts don’t have to be boring as this winning recipe from Weight Watchers’ Simply the Best : 250 Prizewinning Family Recipes demonstrates.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Grilled Lemon Chicken Breasts
Marinating in a simple combination of white wine, lemon juice, tarragon and garlic ensures these Weight Watchers grilled lemon chicken breasts are moist and flavorful.
Not a fan of tarragon? Not a problem. Substitute whatever herb – fresh or dried – you like best.
I’m going to try them with rosemary next time.
And don’t feel you need to use the grill either. I usually broil my chicken breasts in the toaster oven or cook them in a grill pan on the stovetop.
You’ll want to plan ahead because your chicken should marinate at least 2 hours, preferably longer, before turning on the oven, stove or grill.
Serve with rice or potatoes and steamed vegetables for a simply satisfying supper.
Weight Watchers Grilled Lemon Chicken Breasts with Tarragon
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4-ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the marinade, in a gallon-size sealable plastic bag, combine the wine, tarragon, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic. Add the chicken and seal the bag, squeezing out the air and turning to coat the chicken. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning the bag occasionally if you can.
- Spray the broiler or grill rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then broil or grill, until the chicken is done, about 5 minutes per side.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Looking for More Low Calorie Chicken Breast Recipes for Weight Watchers?
I used the following kitchen tools to make this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!