WW Recipe of the Day: Chicken Satay Pasta Salad
(302 calories | 7 7 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Diced cooked chicken, pasta, shredded carrots, red bell peppers and basil tossed in a Thai-inspired vinaigrette. This Easy Chicken Satay Pasta Salad is simple and delicious.
Every time I make this easy chicken satay pasta salad it’s a big hit. Even people who didn’t think they would like it, have gone back for seconds!
The Skinny on Easy Chicken Satay Pasta Salad
Brimming with good for you ingredients – chunks of grilled chicken, crunchy carrots, red bell pepper and fresh basil, this easy chicken satay pasta salad makes a great main course lunch or dinner salad for Weight Watchers.
I’m a big fan of Newman’s Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing. It’s delicious and has only 35 calories in a 2 tablespoon serving.
The last time I made this Easy Chicken Satay Pasta Salad I used gluten-free brown rice pasta with good results. but any whole grain pasta should work.
According to my calculations, each serving has 302 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this Chicken Satay Pasta Salad, be sure to check out my other WW friendly pasta salads including Italian Sub Pasta Salad, Pasta Salad with Ham and Peas and Pasta Salad with Walnuts, Blue Cheese and Arugula
If you’ve made this Satay Pasta Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Chicken Satay Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie whole grain pasta
- 1 cup lite Asian vinaigrette salad dressing (such as Newman's Own Lite Sesame Ginger)
- 2 tablespoons Asian Seasoning Mix**
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, roughy chopped
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 3 cups diced cooked lean chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- Additional chopped peanuts for garnish, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot. Drain the pasta and rinse it well under cold running water. Once pasta is cool, transfer it to a large mixing bowl and set it aside.
- Meanwhile make the dressing. Whisk together the vinaigrette, Asian seasoning mix and peanut butter in small bowl and set it aside.
- Cut the carrots into skinny julienne strips.
- Cut bell pepper lengthwise into skinny 1/4-inch strips.
- Cut carrots and bell pepper strips crosswise into 1-in. pieces.
- Add the chicken, carrots, bell pepper, chopped peanuts,chopped basil and dressing to the pasta and mix well.
- Garnish with additional chopped peanuts, if desired.
Source: adapted from The Pampered Chef
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this easy chicken satay pasta salad you might also like:
- Skinny Curried Chicken Salad
- Chicken Quinoa Salad with Dried Fruit
- Pasta Salad with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Arugula
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!