I didn’t think I was a fan of broccoli salads. Most of them start out light and healthy but then get weighed down with heavy dressings and tons of bacon.
This light and crunchy skinny broccoli salad recipe has changed my mind.
Combining broccoli, grapes, celery and sunflower seeds in a light and slightly sweet dressing, it’s a perfect summertime side dish solution.
Great alongside most any grilled meat or fish, we’ve enjoyed it this week with both broiled salmon and chicken apple sausages.
Skinny on Skinny Broccoli Salad Recipe
This skinny broccoli salad recipe is adapted from one I saw on Cooking Light’s website.
I switched out 1/2 cup Craisins for 1 cup of raisins, used red grapes instead of green and reduced the sugar in the dressing by 1 tablespoon.
With its plump grapes and crunchy broccoli florets, celery and salty sunflower seeds, this may be one of the best salads I’ve ever had.
It doesn’t taste “healthy” at all.
If you prefer, you could lightly blanch or steam the broccoli for a couple of minutes so that it remains crunchy but not “raw” tasting.
Just be sure to drain it really really well and dry it with paper towels so your dressing doesn’t get diluted.
I think this would be yummy with slivered almonds. And a sprinkling of bacon wouldn’t hurt either.
According to my calculations each serving has 149 calories and 4* Weight Watchers Points Plus/SmartPoints.
- 4 cups small broccoli florets (about 1½ pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup salted sunflower seed kernels
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or sweetener to taste)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a large bowl, stir together the broccoli, grapes, celery, cranberries and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar until well blended and creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss well to combine and coat everything.
- Chill for at least one hour.
Source: adapted from Cooking Light
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Great Salad Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Easy Healthy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- Weight Watchers Orzo Salad with Vegetables
- Barefoot Contessa Mustard Chicken Salad with Broccoli and Tomatoes
- Easy Cheese Tortellini with Broccoli and Red Peppers
- Skinny Fall Fruit Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.