Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Asian Spaghetti Squash Salad
(58 calories | 0 0 0 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I love how the Weight Watchers Beyond the Scale Program has reinvigorated me to eat more vegetables. To keep from getting bored, I'm having fun seeking out and cooking up new vegetable based recipes.
This Asian Spaghetti Squash Salad is a great example.
Embellished with red bell pepper, cucumber and scallion, it makes a great *0 SmartPoints side dish.
Or turn it into a one-bowl meal by adding the protein of your choice.
I got the idea for this salad flipping through Weight Watchers Year-Round Fresh , a new cookbook from Weight Watchers that includes SmartPoints values that I picked up at my meeting location recently.
Skinny on Easy Healthy Asian Spaghetti Squash Salad
This easy healthy Asian Spaghetti Squash salad turned out slightly sweet and spicy with a nice bit of crunch.
The red bell pepper, cucumber and green onion are a nice complement to the sesame ginger dressing. And the dried red pepper flakes added just a bit of heat.
New to cooking spaghetti squash?
I've provided instructions for cooking the spaghetti squash in the oven.
If you have more time, here's instructions for cooking spaghetti squash in the slow cooker.
Here's a great video from Dani at Clean & Delicious showing how to bake and microwave spaghetti squash:
I took the easy way out and used bottled low-fat sesame ginger dressing.
If you prefer, you could make your own by combining rice wine vinegar, Asian sesame oil and fresh minced ginger.
This tasty, colorful crunchy salad will keep in the fridge for a few days too.
According to my calculations each serving has 58 calories and:
0 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Asian Spaghetti Squash Recipe Variations
tangier? Add a splash or two of rice wine vinegar.
spicier? To spice things up more add a chopped jalapeño pepper, hot sauce or more crushed red pepper flakes.
heartier? Add chopped cooked chicken, pork, fish, shrimp, tofu or edamame
If you enjoy this Asian-inspired spaghetti squash salad, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Slow Cookers Spaghetti Squash, Easy Slow Cooker Squash with Mango Chutney, Weight Watchers Baked Asian Squash, Weight Watchers Easy Trader Joe Asian Chicken Salad and Weight Watchers Cucumber Salad
If you've made this Asian-Inspired Spaghetti Squash Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Asian Spaghetti Squash Salad Recipe
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 2-½ pounds)
- ¼ cup low-fat Sesame Ginger Dressing (I used Newman's Own)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ English (seedless) cucumber, diced
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Prick the squash all over with the tines of a fork. Place on a baking sheet, and put the squash on its side in the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until soft to the touch. Turn once mid-baking.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice it horizontally, and scoop out the seeds and pulp. With a fork, scrape the squash into a large bowl and let cool completely.
- Add the salad dressing, salt, pepper flakes, bell pepper and scallion.
- Toss gently to combine and coat the mixture with the dressing.
- Taste and add more salt and/or red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve at room temperature or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
Source: adapted from Weight Watchers Year-Round Fresh
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch as Mind Over Munch shares 3 easy meal prep healthy dinner recipes for spaghetti squash boats:
More Weight Watchers Recipes with Spaghetti Squash:
- Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash Boats (SkinnyTaste)
- Spaghetti Squash Pizza Pie (HungryGirl)
- Spaghetti Squash Boats with Spicy Sausage (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Creamy Kale Spaghetti Squash (HungryGirl)
- Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Bowls (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!