WW Recipe of the Day: Spicy Cabbage Slaw
(64 calories | *2 WW SmartPoints)
This simple cabbage slaw with carrots and cilantro and spicy ginger dressing mixes together in minutes, but needs to chill for at least 30 minutes to give the flavors a chance to meld.
Serve with your Ginger-Lime Grilled Chicken or fish for a light and healthy dinner.
Or stir in some leftover zero-point shredded chicken breast for a low calorie lunch.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Spicy Cabbage Slaw?
According to my calculations, each serving has 64 calories and *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Spicy Napa Cabbage Slaw
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Add ginger, serrano chile pepper, salt, vinegar, oil and honey to small bowl and thoroughly whisk until well mixed.
Step 3: Add cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro to large bowl. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
Step 4: Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours, until well chilled.
Napa Cabbage Slaw Recipe Notes
If you can’t find pre-shredded Napa cabbage in the produce department of your local grocery store, it’s easy enough to prepare yourself. Just buy a small head of Napa cabbage, trim off any outer leaves that have wilted, rinse under cold water, and slice on your cutting board with a sharp knife.
Here’s a quick video showing you how to slice Napa cabbage:
Spiced Cabbage Slaw Serving Suggestions
- Serve with your favorite grilled lean protein: pork chops, chicken breasts, burgers, kabobs, etc.
- Stir in your favorite lean protein: canned water-packed tuna, or salmon, that’s been drained, leftover shredded chicken, cooked shrimp, etc.
If you’ve made this Spicy Mayo-Free Cabbage Slaw, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Spicy Cabbage Slaw
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced serrano chile pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2 teaspoons honey, or agave nectar
- 6 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (or half cilantro and half mint)
- Add ginger, chile pepper, salt, vinegar, oil and honey to a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add cabbage, carrots, green onions and cilantro to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours, until well chilled.
Recipe source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla V. Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Spicy Napa Cabbage Slaw, you might also like
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!