WW Recipe of the Day: Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
(266 calories | *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint)
My cool and crunchy summer food cravings continue here in Phoenix. So, when I spied a simple Weight Watchers Crunchy Asian Salad in my Weight Watchers “What to Eat” booklet I decided it was exactly what I wanted for lunch next week.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Crunchy Asian Salad with Chicken
As a longtime lover of Chinese Chicken Salad, this is a lighter healthier homemade version.
The combination of shredded lettuce, cole slaw mix, carrots, celery, edamame and shredded chicken tossed with a low fat ginger dressing is light, cool, crunchy, tasty and satisfying.
And requires no cooking, provided you’ve got cooked/rotisserie chicken on hand.
You can switch up the ingredients to meet your tastes and what is in your fridge.
Thinly sliced red bell pepper and sliced radish would be good. As would drained canned mandarin oranges and/or sliced almonds (or chopped peanuts), just adjust your Weight Watchers points accordingly.
According to my calculations this Crunchy Asian Salad with Chicken has 266 calories, *7 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 WW SmartPoints and makes a really big salad. So, it may be enough for two servings depending on your appetite.
Following WW Guidelines for the Freestyle Plan, this salad now has *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint. Enjoy!
If you like this Asian Chicken Salad, be sure to check out my other WW Friendly recipes including: TJ’s Easy Asian Chicken Salad, Healthy Asian Spaghetti Squash Salad, Curried Chicken Salad with Chutney, Low Fat Asian Slaw with Pineapple and Orange Spinach Salad
If you’ve made this Crunchy Asian Salad with Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Crunchy Asian Salad with Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cole slaw mix (cabbage + carrots)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled cooked edamame
- 3 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons light ginger dressing (I like Newman's Own Light Sesame Ginger)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint (optional)
- Optional Additions: thinly sliced red bell pepper (drained mandarin oranges, sliced radish, sliced almonds or chopped peanuts, chow mein or ramen noodles (adjust points accordingly)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cole slaw, carrot, celery, scallion, edamame and chicken.
- Mix well.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Yummy Weight Watchers Recipes For You:
- Healthy Crunchy Tuna Salad
- Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Scoopable Chinese Chicken Salad (Hungry Girl)
- Asian Cabbage Mango Slaw (SkinnyTaste)
- Chinese Chicken Wrap (Emily Bites)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!