WW Recipe of the Day: Chutney & Curry Chicken Salad
(371 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
Here’s an easy, healthy and delicious chutney chicken salad with curry. I adapted it from a recipe in the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook to work with what I had on hand.
As I began stirring this chicken salad with chutney and curry together, I had a feeling it was going to be good. So I called Mom to see if she wanted to come join me for lunch. She did.
I was right. This chicken salad with chutney and curry made for a very yummy lunch. Mom gave it her approval too. She called it “different and delicious.”
The Skinny on Chicken Salad with Chutney and Curry
This chicken salad was already Weight Watchers friendly. I just made a few changes based on what I had on hand.
I used cooked leftover rotisserie chicken breast instead of cooked turkey breast. And chopped peanuts instead of cashews.
The trickiest part of making this salad, is chopping the mango. If you have never chopped a mango, check out the video at the end of the post.
Each generous serving has 371 calories, *10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, and just *5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Curried Chicken Salad with Chutney, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Chicken Salad with Chutney & Curry
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups diced, cooked, skinless chicken breast
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 cups lightly packed salad greens
- 4 tablespoons nuts, chopped (such as cashews, peanuts or almonds)
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- To make the dressing, in a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, chutney, curry powder, and pepper until smooth.
- Add the chicken, mango, celery, scallions and stir to combine and coat with the dressing.
- Divide the salad greens evenly among 4 salad plates. Top evenly with the chicken salad mixture. You should have about 1 cup of chicken salad with chutney and curry for each salad.
- Sprinkle each salad with 1 tablespoon nuts and 1 tablespoon dried cranberries.
Source: Adapted from Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
How to Cut and Dice a Fresh Mango
Favorite Easy Healthy Recipes for Using Rotisserie Chicken by Martha McKinnon.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!