What Foods Have Zero SmartPoints On the Weight Watchers Freestyle Program?
The new Weight Watchers Freestyle plan, which was launched here in the U.S. on 12/3/17, now includes a much wider range of over 200 zero SmartPoints foods from which to base your meals and snacks including eggs, skinless chicken breast, skinless turkey breast, fish and seafood, corn, beans, peas, lentils, tofu, nonfat plain yogurt and so much more.
While you are always free to eat whatever you want on Weight Watchers, the Freestyle plan nudges you toward choosing nutritious foods by assigning them lower or even zero SmartPoints. Previously, only fruits and vegetables had been considered zero points. But WW has increased the list to include more of the foods that form the foundation of healthy eating and give you more freedom to enjoy all the foods you love.
According to WW, this freedom and flexibility really works because in a clinical trial of WW Freestyle, study participants lost weight while reporting less hunger and fewer cravings. Being able to eat a wide variety of foods, with and without SmartPoints, is what makes WW such a livable doable program. Which is probably why WW was once again named the best eating plan for weight loss by US News and World Report.
WW Freestyle Zero Points Foods List 2019 + Free Printable PDF
Zero SmartPoints Fruits & Vegetables on the WW Freestyle Program
- Fresh and frozen Fruit without added sugar (excludes dried fruits and fruit juices)
- Canned fruit in water or sugar-free syrup
- Canned fruit in its own natural juice, drained
- Fresh and frozen and canned vegetables without added oil or sugar (including peas and corn)
- Fresh, frozen, and canned beans and lentils that are packed without oil or sugar (Lentils, chickpeas, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, split peas, soy beans, and more)
Exceptions: The following vegetables DO HAVE SMARTPOINTS VALUES:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Vegetable flours and pastas (including those from 0 Smart Points vegetables)
WW Zero SmartPoints Protein Foods List
- Skinless chicken breast (whole or ground)
- Skinless turkey breast (whole or ground)
- Thin sliced deli chicken/turkey breast
- Fish and shellfish, skinless, fresh, frozen or canned in 0 SP value sauces or spices and smoked without added fat or sugar.
- Nonfat plain yogurt, unsweetened (includes Greek, Icelandic, etc)
- Plain soy yogurt
WW Zero SmartPoints Spices, Seasonings and Condiments List
Many seasonings, spices, and low calorie condiments are also Zero SmartPoints.
- Fresh and dried herbs and spices
- Fat free salsa
- Hot sauce
- Lemon, lime or orange zest
- Lemon or lime juice
- Soy sauce
- Unsweetened pickles
- Wine vinegars
Zero SmartPoints Does Not Equal “Free” Food!
The Weight Watchers Freestyle Program and its associated zero points foods are designed to support you in your desire to eat better and lose weight.
Remember “zero” is not the same as “free.” While full of nutrition, all of these foods have calories associated with them, so eat responsibly.
The goal is to eat until no longer hungry, not to stuff yourself until uncomfortable. This may take practice, if you like me, are used to overeating to the point of discomfort. It’s about learning moderation, balance and you’re own “just right.”
3 Smart Ways to Make ZeroPoints Foods Work for You
#1 Think of them as your foundation. Start building your meal by using a ZeroPoint food as your primary ingredient. Layer in bulk and flavor with other ZeroPoint foods. Then add foods with SmartPoints as accents to round things out. This will allow you to build amazing tasty, satisfying meals with low SmartPoints! Like we did here with: WW Chicken Orzo Soup with Lemon (3SP), Easy Taco Cauliflower Rice Skillet (4SP), Skinny Foil Pack Shrimp Boil (4SP) and Skinny Southwest Slow Cooker Chicken Soup (0SP)
#Use them as a buffer. If you blow through your daily SmartPoints allowance before bedtime, use meals and snacks with ZeroPoints to get through the rest of the day. My go-to choices include hard-boiled eggs, cooked green beans tossed with salsa and plain nonfat Greek yogurt with fruit.
#3 Use them to create a SmartPoints surplus. Choose ZeroPoint or low SmartPoints foods for breakfast and lunch, so you have more of your daily SmartPoints available for dinner. You can save up to four Daily SmartPoints a day which automatically roll over into your weeklies, that are then available should you need them on the weekends or for other special events, kinda like overdraft protection on your checking account. Pretty cool, right? (The more I’ve come to realize that managing my weight is a lot like managing my finances the easier and less emotional it has become for me!)
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
You might also like:
- Weight Watchers Top Most Tracked Foods with SmartPoints Values
- 8 Ways to Eat Less and Manage Your Portions in Restaurants
- The Gift of Weight Watches Lifetime Membership
- WW Complete List of Zero Points Foods
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!