Today I’m sharing a delicious recipe for skinny shrimp boil foil packets you can cook either on the grill or in the oven.
As soon as I spied the recipe in the Summer 2018 Hungry Girl Magazine I knew I wanted to give it a try. While it took me until nearly the end of summer to give this recipe a go, I’m glad I did.
Easy and flavorful it’s a recipe I intend to make again and again.
How Many Calories/Weight Watchers Points in this Skinny Foil Pack Shrimp Boil?
The recipe as written makes two generous servings each with 290 calories and *4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints. The only ingredient with WW SmartPoints in this low calorie shrimp boil recipe is the sausage. The remaining ingredients are all zero smartpoints foods.
Keep in mind that the WW SmartPoints may vary depending on the kind of sausage you use. This foil pack low country shrimp boil will work with WW Simply Filling/No Count plan if you omit the sausage.
Here’s a great video showing how to make this Skinny Shrimp Boil Step By Step…
How Many Servings Does this Skinny Foil Pack Shrimp Boil Recipe Make?
The original recipe is written to make two servings in foil packet that you place on the grill. You can also place your foil packet on a cookie sheet and bake it in a 425F degree oven for about the same amount of time.
My Skinny Foil Pack Shrimp Boil Recipe Notes
Because I was serving four people, I opted to double all the ingredients. I placed everything in a foil pan that I then covered with aluminum foil, set on a baking sheet and baked in the oven until everything was done to my liking, which took about 30 minutes.
Other changes I made to the recipe include:
- Using granulated roasted garlic instead of fresh
- Using Old Bay Seasoning in place of Cajun Seasoning
- Substituting parsley for cilantro
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this skinny shrimp boil cooked in foil, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Sheet Pan Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli, Slow Cooker Corn & Shrimp Chowder, Skinny Southern BBQ Shrimp, WW No Cook Tex-Mex Shrimp Rolls, Skinny Shrimp Creole and Easy Shrimp Egg Roll in a Bowl
If you’ve made this Foil Pack Shrimp Boil, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Foil Pack Shrimp Boil Recipe
- 6 ounces raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (I substituted 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces fully cooked chicken sausage (about 2 links)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup thin half-moon slices of zucchini
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen, canned or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (I used parsley instead)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or more to taste (I used Old Bay seasoning instead)
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, lemon juice, garlic and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Slice the sausage into coins and add to the bowl with the shrimp. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place the mixture on the center of a large piece of foil. Cover with another large piece of foil. Fold the edges together creating a well sealed packet.
- With the grill cover closed, grill the packet for 12 - 15 minutes, or until the shrimp and vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Place the packet on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 425F degree oven for about the same amount of time (about 12 - 15 minutes), or until the vegetables are cooked through and tender.
Source: Hungry Girl Magazine Summer 2018
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!