WW Recipe of the Day: Carrot Salad with Raisins & Walnuts
(86 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
It’s way too hot to do much cooking. That’s when I turn to salads.
All kinds of salads.
I especially love veggie salads that can hold up in the fridge for a few days so they are ready and waiting when I want them.
Recipes like this Weight Watchers Raisin & Walnut Carrot Salad fit the bill perfectly.
It’s a quick and easy, colorful, crunchy concoction of shredded carrots, raisins, chopped walnuts, scallions and celery tossed with a simple oil and vinegar dressing.
Skinny on WW Low Calorie Carrot Salad with Raisins and Walnuts
I spied this recipe as I was thumbing through one of my old Weight Watchers cookbooks.
As luck would have it I had everything I needed on hand to toss it together this afternoon.
Now it’s sitting in the fridge ready and waiting for when I want it.
As is my habit, I made a few changes to suit our tastes. I skipped the green bell pepper, bumped up the amount of vinegar and added a smidge of honey mustard.
This is definitely the kind of recipe you can play with to suit your tastes.
The cookbook suggested that for an attractive presentation, you could serve this colorful salad on a platter lined with lettuce or cabbage leaves.
Or, if you’re a lazy cook like me, simply toss it into a bowl.
This recipe is from a Weight Watchers cookbook that predates PointsPlus, so it provides the exchanges as well as nutritional values, which I’ve included here.
According to my calculations, each serving has 86 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crunchy Carrot Salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Carrot Salad with Raisins & Walnuts Recipe
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 ounce walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper (I left this out)
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine the raisins and 1/4 cup warm water and set aside to soak.
- In a medium bowl toss together the carrots, walnuts, green onion, celery and bell pepper, vinegar, oil and mustard. You'll want to stir and toss well so everything is well combined.
- Drain the raisins, reserving 1 tablespoon of the water.
- Add the raisins and reserved water to the carrot mixture. Toss again.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning adding salt, pepper and/or additional vinegar or mustard to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
I used the following kitchen tools to make this salad:
More Weight Watchers Salad Recipes You Might Like:
- Simple French Shredded Carrot Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Easy Carrot Apple Slaw (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Quick & Easy Low-Fat Asian Slaw with Pineapple (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Easy Healthy Broccoli Slaw (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Asian Ginger Carrot Dressing (SkinnyTaste)
- Cumin Lime Carrot Salad (LaaLoosh)
- Weight Watchers Citrus Asian Slaw (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!