WW Recipe of the Day: Low Carb Miso Glazed Salmon for Two
(247 calories | 6 1 1 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
It was my lucky day when we stumbled in to Outrageous Olive Oils and Vinegars in Old Town Scottsdale. The olive oils and vinegars were hands down the best I've ever tasted. (Read more about this company and it's new owners Frankie Muniz and Paige Price at https://www.outrageousoliveoil.com/.)
The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgable of all the products. They offered unlimited sample and recommendations for creative oil and vinegar pairings.
My favorite was the Japanese Sesame Oil with Honey Ginger Vinegar. These two make a terrific simple dressing for anything Asian. I used it on my salad served with the recipe below. It paired extremely well with the miso glazed salmon.
A fermented paste made from soybeans, miso adds lots of savory or umami flavor to food. White miso, or "Shiro", is the most common and mildest in flavor, which is what I used here.
Buying and Using Miso Paste
This was the first time I've worked with miso paste , and it took a little looking to find it in the grocery store. Typically you'll find it in the refrigerated produce section along with other condiments, like dressings.
If you can't find it in your grocery store health food stores, like Whole Foods, or Asian markets are likely to have it. If you are unable to find it, the next best thing to use instead would be soy sauce, as Jules from StoneSoup explains here: Best Substitutes for Miso Paste.)
This salmon was so flavorful, I can't wait to try more miso recipes. It's an easy way to step up the seasoning of an ordinary dish for minimal calories/points.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Miso Salmon?
According to my calculations, each serving has 247 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Low Carb Miso-Glazed Salmon Recipe Notes
If you can't find miso paste substitute a little soy sauce or fish sauce for the salty umami flavor. It isn't as creamy, so use less. You can add a little tahini too, since it is similar in consistency, but the flavor is more nutty than salty.
I grilled my fish and brushed on a little more sauce just prior to taking it off.
This dish so flavorful, no other seasoning is required.
If you don't have a fresh orange, use a drop or two of doTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil in place of the juice and zest.
Miso Salmon Serving Suggestions
- Use in place of chicken in your favorite Asian salad
- Serve with a side of sautéed spinach with ginger and rice
- Serve it on a bed of salad greens
- Serve alongside broiled asparagus drizzled with olive oil and lemon
- Serve with roasted red potatoes
- Serve with your favorite grilled vegetables like eggplant and zucchini
- Serve it alongside an Asian slaw
Ways to Use RECIPE Leftovers
- Make a soup by combining broth, spinach and/or bok choy with salmon leftovers.
- Add to a ramen bowl.
- Serve it with eggs for breakfast.
If you've made this Low Carb Miso-Glazed Salmon, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Carb Miso-Glazed Salmon for Two
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- ½ teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (1 - 1-½ inches thick)
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Add miso, orange rind, orange juice, soy sauce and sugar if using to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Brush miso mixture on top of each fillet.
- Broil or grill for approximately 8 minutes, or until done to your likeness.
Recipe source: Weight Watchers Fresh and Easy 20 Minute Meals
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this RECIPE, you might also like:
- Crock Pot Salmon with Asian-Style Veggies
- WW Honey-Lime Salmon
- Salmon Panzanella Salad
- Easy Asparagus, Egg, Salmon Salad
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!