Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Honey Lime Salmon with Confetti Corn Salad
(275 calories | 8 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
The zesty lime, pungent garlic and sweet honey are a perfect foil for the rich salmon. If you like, arrange the corn salad on a bed of mixed greens to serve with the salmon.
Did you know that on the old original Weight Watchers program you were required to eat fish several times a week? I was talking to my mom about it just the other day. She said she ate a ton of canned tuna!
I hear lots of comments from people saying that they just don’t know how to cook fish, or that they don’t like how it tastes or it seems complicated to make.
Fortunately, I love all kinds of fish. I like how it tastes and how good it is for me. It probably has something to do with being raised by parents who grew up on the coast of Maine.
The Skinny on Honey Citrus Salmon and Corn Salad
A simple and delicious recipe for salmon lovers. Salmon fillets marinated with honey and lime, then quickly broiled and served with refreshing corn salad. YUM. My corn and salmon loving husband agrees this is a winner.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Broiled Salmon with Fresh Corn Salad?
According to my calculations each serving has 275 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
This recipe would work well with shrimp instead of salmon, which is what I intend to do next time.
And these rosemary roasted potatoes would make a lovely accompaniment.
If you liked this honey lime salmon and confetti corn salad, you might also like: Easy Glazed Salmon, Slow Cooker Apricot Salsa Salmon, Quick & Easy Salmon Patties, Salmon & Warm Lentil Salad, Crock Pot Salmon Fillets & Asian Vegetables, WW Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken, Slow Cooker Foil Wrapped Fish, Cuban Style Fish, Easy Baked Fish with Lemon and Herbs, Simple Baked Fish with Spinach
If you’ve made this Citrus Honey Salmon, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Honey Lime Salmon with Confetti Corn Salad
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Make the dressing by combining the lime zest, lime juice, oil, garlic, honey, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Use 3 tablespoons of the dressing as a marinade for the fish: place it in a large zipper lock plastic bag. Add the salmon. Squeeze excess air from the bag and turn the bag to coat the fish with the marinade. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Add the corn, bell pepper, onion and parsley to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler and coat the broiler pan rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place on the broiler rack. Broil 5 inches from the heat until the salmon is just opaque in the center and lightly brown on the outside, about 4 minutes each side.
- Serve the salmon with the corn salad.
Favorite Kitchen Tools Used to Make This Recipe:
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Salmon Recipes:
- 16 Healthy Baked Salmon Recipes (Slender Kitchen)
- Broiled Dill & Caper Salmon (You Brew My Tea)
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Vegetables (SkinnyTaste)
- Amazing Balsamic Glazed Salmon (Skinny Kitchen)
- Healthy 4-Ingredient Thai Glazed Salmon & Broccoli Foil Pack (Hungry Grill)
- One Pan Garlic Butter Baked Salmon & Broccoli (Recipe Diaries)
- Baked Salmon & Asparagus (Recipe Girl)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!