Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Quick and Easy Salmon Patties
I made these quick easy salmon patties for dinner recently. They were a hit.
I really like salmon cakes/patties, but I never make them the same way twice. This recipe for quick easy salmon patties is adapted from the Good Housekeeping The Supermarket Diet Cookbook, a recent Goodwill find with several items already flagged to try.
Skinny on Quick Easy Salmon Patties
I modified the recipe slightly to accommodate what I had on hand. The original recipe called for horseradish sauce. I only had prepared horseradish. So, I made my own ‘horseradish sauce’ by combining 1 tablespoon of it with 3 tablespoons of light mayonnaise, which seemed to work fine.
Served with frozen potato wedges I heated up in the toaster oven and coleslaw, it was a quick, easy, healthy, satisfying dinner that came together in less than 30 minutes. The consistency of these salmon patties is quite soft, not firm like salmon burgers. So if soft salmon patties are a turn-off these probably aren’t for you. Each one has 213 calories and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus, 5 SmartPoints.
These easy salmon patties are now 3 SmartPoint on the new WW Freestyle Program.
Quick Easy Salmon Patties
- 1 can 14 to 15 ounces salmon, drained well and picked over for skin and bones
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce I made my own by combining 1 heaping tablespoon prepared horseradish and 3 heaping tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together the salmon, green onion, celery, horseradish sauce and bread crumbs. Shape the salmon patties into 4 (3-1/2-inch) round patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the patties to the skillet. Cook until golden, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden and heated through 2 to 3 minutes more.
Source: Adapted from Good Housekeeping The Supermarket Diet Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers zero points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked these quick easy salmon patties here are some other recipes using canned salmon for you:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!