Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Summer Salmon Panzanella Salad
This summer salmon panzanella salad makes a great easy, healthy lunch or dinner option that comes together in a matter of minutes.
The only thing that needs cooking is the green beans. And if turning on the stove seems like too much work, you could always substitute chopped cucumber or zucchini instead.
Skinny on Summer Salmon Panzanella Salad
Panzanella is the Italian word for a salad of bread and tomatoes, popular in the summer that originated in Florence as a way of using up stale bread.
This version of panzanella, adapted from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness, by Camilla Saulsbury, includes a can of wild Alaskan salmon, turning it into a main course.
Each generous main course-size serving of Salmon Panzanella Salad has 359 calories and 9* Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *8 SmartPoints.
Under then new WW Plan for 2018, this is now *5 Freestyle SmartPoints.
Summer Salmon Panzanella Recipe Variations:
No canned salmon? Substitute high quality canned tuna. Leftover grilled salmon would also be delicious
No fresh basil? Leave it out or substitute fresh parsley or dill
No green beans? Substitute chopped zucchini or cucumber. No cooking required!
Other additions? Greek olives, roasted red pepper, feta cheese
Here’s a video with a lighter, fancier, chef-inspired salmon panzanella salad using seared salmon:
If you liked this summer panzanella salad, you might also like these other Weight Watchers friendly salmon recipes: Salmon with Warm Lentil and Mixed Green Salad, Easy Glazed Salmon, Crock Pot Salmon & Asian Vegetables, Salmon, Egg & Asparagus Salad, Quick & Easy Salmon Patties
Easy Healthy Salmon Panzanella Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces, cooked until tender
- 4 cups day-old whole wheat baguette, cut into cubes
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) wild Alaskan salmon, drained and skin and bones removed if necessary
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked green beans, baguette cubes, tomatoes, red onion, and basil. Add the dressing and gently toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Flake the canned salmon with a fork. Add it to the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper, mustard and/or vinegar as necessary.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from Gooseberry Patch shows how easy it is to make up your own version of fresh panzanella salad:
Links to Salmon Salads from Other WW Friendly Sites:
Scoopy Salmon Salad from Hungry Girl
Salmon Pasta Salad from LaaLoosh
Arugula Salmon Salad with Capers from SkinnyTaste
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!