WW Recipe of the Day: Skinny Salmon Spinach Salad for One with Everything but Bagel Seasoning
Today I'm sharing a light and healthy low carb salad recipe based on the classic bagel and lox combination that I adore. Instead of an actual bagel it uses Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning , one of my favorite seasoning blends.
What do You Do with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning?
Trader Joe's Everything but The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend is a simple blend of sesame seeds (white and black), poppy seeds, dried garlic and onion, and sea salt flakes that add's a crunchy, roasted, savory flavor to lot's more than bagels.
So what do you use Everything Bagel Seasoning for?
It is a great seasoning for almost anything. Here are some ideas:
- Avocado toast
- Baked potatoes
- Cottage cheese
- Cucumber slices
- Flatbread dough
- Grilled or Roasted vegetables
- Hard boiled eggs or scrambled eggs
- Homemade pita chips
- Tomato slices
I like to use it to make homemade 2-ingredient dough bagels. It has the perfect everything bagel taste for a lot fewer calories and SmartPoints.
You can make this seasoning blend yourself at home with 5 ingredients in about 5 minutes. Here's a recipe that shows you how to make DIY Everything Bagel Seasoning yourself.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Skinny Everything But the Bagel Salad?
According to my calculations, each serving has 180 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make This Everything Bagel Salmon Spinach Salad
Step 1: Gather and Prep Your Ingredients.
Step 2: Stir together your dressing
In a small bowl stir together the sour cream, cream cheese, mustard, everything but the bagel seasoning, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of water until well combined and smooth. Add a little more water if the dressing seems too thick.
Step 3: Place spinach in a bowl. Then top with cucumber, tomato, red onion and capers if using. Drizzle with the dressing and dig in. I also like to sprinkle a little more seasoning on top.
What to Serve with this Salmon Spinach Salad?
I like to enjoy this salad with a few whole grain crackers, spread with light cream cheese and sprinkled with a little more Trader Joe's Everything Bagel Seasoning . These low carb Everything But the Bagel tortilla chips would also be great. For a heartier meal add a cup of your favorite vegetable soup.
If you've made this Skinny Spinach Salmon Salad Recipe, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Everything Bagel Salad & Dressing
Skinny Everything But the Bagel Salad Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream, or nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon everything but the bagel seasoning, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
Skinny Everything But the Bagel Salad:
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¾ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained (optional)
Make the Salad Dressing:
- In a small bowl stir together the sour cream, cream cheese, mustard, everything but the bagel seasoning, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of water until well combined and smooth. Add a little more water if the dressing seems too thick.
Assemble the Salad:
- Place the spinach in a medium serving bowl. Top with the cucumber, tomato, red onion, smoked salmon and capers if using.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad and sprinkle with more of the everything but the bagel seasoning if desired.
Recipe source: Winter 2020 Hungry Girl Magazine
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Skinny Salads for Weight Watchers
- Fresh Blackened Tuna Salad with Greens
- Easy Healthy Wedge Salad with Balsamic Drizzle
- Favorite WW Friendly Chicken Salads
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!