Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Glazed Salmon & How To Video
CLICK HERE FOR MORE EASY & DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS
Image Source: hollyclegg.com
I’ve got an easy, healthy and delicious salmon recipe to share with you today, from the talented southern healthy trim & terrific cookbook author, Holly Clegg. Are you familiar with her? She has a real passion for making a difference in people’s lives by creating healthy, everyday recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes to get folks to start cooking. Here’s a great interview in which she shares advice on healthy eating. After reading it I realize why her cookbooks are some of my favorites – she shares my belief that a healthier diet is about balance and not being deprived.
We all know that eating fish is good for us. The trouble can be convincing people to actually do it. Many didn’t grow up eating fish so it can intimidating to eat and cook. The key is finding the right recipe; one that is both easy to prepare and full of flavor. This recipe delivers on both counts.
If you want a simple visual lesson on how to prepare this quick and easy salmon recipe, I’ve included Holly’s very popular you-tube video at the end of the post.
Skinny on Easy Glazed Salmon Recipe
When I saw this easy glazed salmon recipe, I knew it would be a winner with us since the glaze is similar to the one I use for my CrockPot Salmon Fillets with Asian Vegetables.
The recipe serves four. But you could easily cut everything in half for two servings or double it to serve 8. According to my calculations, each serving has 297 calories, 8 PointsPlus and 8 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
different fish/meat: this glaze and simple pan-fry technique would work well with other fish such as haddock, cod, or tilapia, as well as chicken breasts or pork chops.
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- In small bowl or plastic bag, combine the honey, soy sauce, lime juice, and mustard. Marinate the salmon fillets in the sauce in refrigerator for several hours or until you're ready to cook. (Save the marinade to use in the final sauce).
- In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook the salmon fillets on each side until they are golden brown and crispy and just cooked through. (About 3 to 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your fillets and how well you like it done.) Transfer salmon to a plate.
- Add the remaining honey glaze marinade to your skillet and simmer, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. Return salmon fillets to the pan, heat well, and serve immediately.
Source: Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC KITCHEN 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence: Cooking Basics Plus 150 Easy Healthy RecipesTrim & Terrific Cookbook author Holly Clegg shows how to make her easy healthy and delicious glazed salmon with just four ingredients:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.