Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Salmon & Warm Lentil Salad
Lentil and chopped salad greens and parsley, tossed with a mustardy vinaigrette and served with simply prepared salmon.
Who knew something as simple as salmon and warm lentil salad could be so deliciously satisfying?
Yesterday, I was looking for a way to make dinner from what I had available. There were a couple salmon fillets in the freezer. But, what to do with them?
Turning to the index of what continues to be my favorite cookbook for easy healthy recipes, 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness , I came upon a recipe for “Seared Salmon and Warm Lentil Salad with Arugula.”
Checking the ingredient list, I confirmed that I had most everything I needed except arugula and red onion. I decided to substitute mixed salad greens and shallot.
I also had a package of Trader Joe’s already prepared lentils in the fridge, so I used them instead of cooking my own.
And while the recipe called for searing the salmon, I opted to bake/roast mine in the toaster oven instead.
Skinny on Salmon and Warm Lentil Salad
We both thought this salmon and warm lentil salad made for a flavorful satisfying supper. It’s definitely going in my “make again” file.
Each serving has 432 calories, *11 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *2 Ww Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Preparing the Warm Lentils
**I used Trader Joe’s cooked lentils.
To cook the lentils yourself: In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil over high heat. Add the lentils, reduce heat to a simmer until tender but not mushy, about 30 minutes. Drain and place in a medium size bowl.
If you’ve made this salmon and warm lentil salad, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Salmon and Warm Lentil Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked lentils**
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 4 skinless wild salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 3 cups mixed salad greens, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallot
- Place slightly warm cooked lentils in a medium bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 2 teaspoons olive oil, vinegar, mustard honey and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of the fish with the remaining salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium high heat. Add the fish and cook, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side (or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork).
- Remove from the heat and finish preparing the salad. To the lentil mixture, add the mixed green, parsley and shallot and toss gently to combine.
- Serve warm lentil salad with the salmon.
Source: Adapted from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked salmon and warm lentil salad you might also like
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!