Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Cuban Style Fish
(254 calories | 4 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This recipe for Cuban-Style Fish was recommended by a friend, who claims that it’s one of her ‘go to’ recipes for any kind of her favorite fish!
Skinny on Weight Watchers Friendly Cuban Style Fish
The original recipe called for Sea Bass; however any kind of mild white fish will work. I tried it once using frozen pollock and will us Alaskan halibut next time since it was on special at the local grocery store!
To lighten this up just a tad I cut back a little on the butter and olive oil, which you shouldn’t even notice since the dish is so full of flavor from all the other ingredients.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Cuban Fish Dish?
According to my calculations each serving has 254 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Cuban Style Fish Recipe Variations:
different fish – any mild white fish will work: sea bass, haddock, tilapia, cod, pollock, shrimp, scallops or a mixture would be delicious too.
no capers – skip them and use more olives instead
spicy – add more crushed red pepper flakes, chili peppers or your favorite hot sauce
If you’ve made this Cuban Spiced Fish, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Cuban Style Fish Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can (29 ounces) whole tomatoes chopped or diced
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine, fish stock or clam juice
- 2/3 cup green stuffed olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 24 ounces Chilean sea bass or your favorite white fish
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion until translucent, then add minced garlic and tomatoes.
- Stir in wine or stock, olives, capers and red pepper flakes.
- Heat to a simmer.
- Place fillets of fish on top of sauce; cover and gently simmer 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer fish to serving dish and keep warm.
- Increase heat in skillet; add butter to sauce ingredients and simmer to thicken. (Just a few minutes) Stir in cilantro.
- Place sauce over fish in serving dish.
Recipe submitted by: Marge M., Phoenix, Arizona
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Fish Recipes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!