WW SmartPoints Recipe: Skinny Artichoke Spinach Baked Pasta
(284 calories | 9 8 8 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
What do you get when you combine the typical healthy spinach and artichoke dip ingredients with pasta? A creamy and delicious artichoke spinach baked pasta dish, of course.
Skinny on Artichoke Spinach Baked Pasta
Chunks of artichokes and bits of spinach tossed with pasta, nonfat Greek yogurt, lowfat cream cheese, grated Parmesan, shredded lowfat mozzarella, topped with a little more cheese and baked until golden.
This skinny artichoke baked pasta truly is creamy comfort in a dish. Perfect for Meatless Monday, I think this artichoke spinach baked pasta would also be great with a little cooked chicken stirred in.
According to my calculations each serving has 284 calories and:
9 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
7 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Following Weight Watchers Freestyle, this is now *8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Spinach Artichoke Baked Pasta Recipe Variations:
no penne or rotini - use whatever short cut of pasta you prefer. Shells, macaroni, ziti. This would also be good with gnocchi or filled pasta like tortellini or ravioli.
no greek yogurt - substitute with more reduced fat cream cheese or reduced fat sour cream
no spinach - chopped cooked broccoli or frozen defrosted chopped broccoli would be nice
If you've made this Baked Vegetarian Spinach Artichoke Pasta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Artichoke Spinach Baked Pasta Recipe
- 6 ounces short pasta, such as penne or rotini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 ounces (half of 10-ounce package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) artichoke hearts, rinsed, squeezed of excess moisture and roughly chopped
- 2 ounces low-fat mozzarella, shredded (about ½ cup)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 more minute.
- Heat the broiler. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, cream cheese, Parmesan, and lemon juice until well blended. Add the onion mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to coat. Stir in the spinach, artichokes and ¼ cup of the pasta cooking liquid. (Add more liquid if the pasta seems dry.) Gently stir in ¼ cup of the mozzarella.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a broiler-proof 9-inch square casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup mozzarella.
- Broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If You Like Artichoke Spinach Baked Pasta You Might Also Like
- Mediterranean Chicken & Pasta Recipe - quick & easy & impressive enough for company with *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Artichoke, Spinach & Feta Stuffed Shells - looks and sounds amazing with *10 WW PointsPlus Value per serving from Cooking Light found at MyRecipes. (Can't wait to try this one.)
- One Pot Creamy Pasta Recipe - easy, creamy, and delicious with *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints
- Lowfat Baked Ziti & Spinach - another delicious dinner dish with 8 WW Freestyle SmartPoints from Gina at SkinnyTaste
- Easy Skinny Baked Ziti - pasta stirred together with spaghetti sauce, ground turkey, cottage cheese, and Parmesan and baked till bubbly with *9 WW SmartPoints
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!