Weight Watchers SmartPoints Recipe: Skinny Artichoke Spinach Baked Pasta
What do you get when you combine the typical healthy spinach and artichoke dip ingredients with pasta? A creamy and delicious artichoke spinach baked pasta dish, of course.
Skinny on Artichoke Spinach Baked Pasta
Chunks of artichokes and bits of spinach tossed with pasta, nonfat Greek yogurt, lowfat cream cheese, grated Parmesan, shredded lowfat mozzarella, topped with a little more cheese and baked until golden.
This skinny artichoke baked pasta truly is creamy comfort in a dish. Perfect for Meatless Monday, I think this artichoke spinach baked pasta would also be great with a little cooked chicken stirred in. According to my calculations each serving has 284 calories and 9 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
no penne or rotini – use whatever short cut of pasta you prefer. Shells, macaroni, ziti. This would also be good with gnocchi or filled pasta like tortellini or ravioli.
no greek yogurt – substitute with more reduced fat cream cheese or reduced fat sour cream
no spinach – chopped cooked broccoli or frozen defrosted chopped broccoli would be nice
- 6 ounces short pasta, such as penne or rotini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 ounces (1/2 10 ounce package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) artichoke hearts, rinsed, squeezed of excess moisture and roughly chopped
- 2 ounces lowfat mozzarella, shredded (about ½ cup)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid, then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 more minute.
- Heat the broiler. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, cream cheese, Parmesan, and lemon juice until well blended. Add the onion mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to coat. Stir in the spinach, artichokes and ¼ cup of the pasta cooking liquid. (Add more liquid if the pasta seems dry.) Gently stir in ¼ cup of the mozzarella.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a broiler-proof 9-inch square casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup mozzarella.
- Broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
If You Liked Artichoke Spinach Baked Pasta You Might Also Like
Artichoke, Spinach & Feta Stuffed Shells – looks and sounds amazing with 10 WW PointsPlus Value per serving from Cooking Light found at MyRecipes. (Can’t wait to try this one.)
Lowfat Baked Ziti & Spinach – another delicious dinner dish with 9 WW PointsPlus Value from Gina at SkinnyTaste
One Pot Creamy Pasta Recipe – easy, creamy, and delicious with 8 WW PointsPlus Value
Mediterranean Chicken & Pasta Recipe – quick & easy & impressive enough for company with 8 WW PointsPlus Value
Easy Skinny Baked Ziti (fusilli) – pasta stirred together with spaghetti sauce, ground turkey, cottage cheese, and Parmesan and baked till bubbly with 9 WW PointsPlus Value
*PointsPlus®, SmartPoints for this skinny artichoke spinach baked pasta calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.