Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Light & Healthy Creamy One-Pot Pasta
This Pampered Chef recipe for Creamy One-Pot Pasta has been on my radar for months.
I finally made a half batch for dinner last weekend and am so glad I did.
It’s definitely a keeper – quick, easy, healthy and delicious – perfect for a busy weeknight or weekend dinner.
What’s not to love?
“This one-pot wonder combines slivered garlic and fresh vegetables for a light pasta dish your family will be sure to request again.”
The Skinny on Creamy One-Pot Pasta
This is a great light vegetarian dish. For a heartier version, you can add sliced grilled chicken breasts or sliced grilled turkey sausage.
Of course, I ended up making several changes to this recipe based on what I had on hand and to boost the vegetable to pasta ratio.
I used farfalle instead of penne, a blend of broccoli, pea pods and carrots instead of just broccoli and carrots, and added both sun-dried and cherry tomatoes, instead of just one or the other.
I also grilled two links of Aidell’s Italian style chicken and turkey sausage with mozzarella, sliced them and stirred them in right at the end. Delicious.
With my changes, each serving has just 290 calories and a Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value of *8. Under the new Freestyle Program, this is now *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Serve with a green salad to boost your daily vegetable quotient even higher 🙂
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this light & creamy vegetable pasta, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Light and Healthy Creamy One-Pot Pasta Recipe
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and patted dry
- 2-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into thin half-moons
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil for garnish (if desired)
- Place garlic and oil in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until garlic is golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in pasta, cover and simmer vigorously, stirring occasionally, until pasta is almost cooked but still firm, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cream cheese to the pot of pasta and stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes longer, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with Parmesan and fresh basil if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This short video from The Domestic Geek shows how she makes her own version of One-Pot Creamy Pasta with Mushrooms:
If you like this Lightened Up Creamy One-Pot Pasta, you may also like:
- Light & Creamy Slow Cooker Pasta Primavera (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Balsamic Roasted Veggie & White Bean Pasta (SkinnyTaste)
- Easy 4-Ingredient Pasta with Pesto & Tomatoes (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Vegetarian Spaghetti Casserole (SkinnyKitchen)
- Pasta with Tomatoes & Fresh Corn (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!