Today I’m sharing this easy, healthy delicious recipe for pasta with fresh corn and tomatoes.
This recipe for pasta with fresh corn and tomatoes caught my eye when I was scanning the most recent (June/July 2013) issue of Taste of Home . Easy, healthy and delicious, it was the Grand prize winner in their “Summer in a Bowl” challenge.
I love the combination of fresh corn and tomatoes and immediately added this pasta with fresh corn and tomatoes recipe to my “must try” list. It was as just as delicious as I had hoped.
How Many Calories/Weight Watchers Points in this Recipe for Pasta with Fresh Corn & Tomatoes?
According to my calculations each serving has 284 calories, *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, and *10 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
How Can I Make this Work with Weight Watchers Simply Filling/No Count Program?
To make this work with Simply Filling use whole grain pasta and a fat free cheese.
Pasta with Fresh Corn and Tomatoes Recipe Notes
I made a few changes, adapting it to fit our family’s tastes. The recipe called for 1 cup of feta cheese. Rod is not a feta fan so I substituted Mexican Queso Fresco, a mild slightly salty crumbly cheese, widely available here in Phoenix grocery stores instead.
I also substituted cilantro for the parsley. And regular fettuccine for whole wheat since we like it better and it’s what was in the pantry. And I added a tablespoon of fresh lime juice.
The recipe said to cook the corn on the ears, wait for them to cool and then cut the kernels off. I thought it would be much easier to remove the kernels from the cobs before boiling. So that’s what I did.
Both Rod and I loved it. Served with a simple tossed green salad and grilled chicken spinach sausage, it was a satisfying meal. Enjoy!
More Recipe Additions & Variations
To lower the WW SmartPoints in this recipe you could:
- Decrease the olive oil
- Use reduced fat or fat free cheese
- Use less cheese
To make this recipe heartier, you could add:
- Slices of grilled chicken/turkey sausage
- Cooked shrimp
- White beans
If you’ve made this pasta with fresh corn and tomatoes, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Oh so simple, fresh and delicious fresh tomato and corn fettuccine you'll want to enjoy all summer.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, kernels cut off
- 2 teaspoons ,plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled Mexican queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (optional)
- In a large pasta pot, cook the fettuccine in well salted boiling water according to package directions, adding the corn during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat the 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the red pepper and green onions. Cook, stirring often, until tender.
Drain the pasta and corn well then transfer it back to your pasta pot. Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss well to combine.
Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *8
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *10
Source: Adapted from Taste of Home
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this recipe for pasta with corn and tomatoes you might also like:
- Fresh Corn and Tomato Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Scallop, Corn & Tomato Salad (Weight Watchers)
- Summer Tomatoes, Corn, Crab & Avocado Salad (SkinnyTaste)
- Fresh Corn, Tomato & Zucchini Salad (Recipe Girl)
- Corn and Tomato Pizza (Southern Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
linked on Six Sister’s Stuff
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!