WW Recipe of the Day: Low-Fat Double Chocolate Banana Bread
As soon as I saw Elise's Chocolate Banana Bread on Simply Recipes a couple weeks ago, I knew I wanted to make one of my very own.
So, I adapted my favorite low-fat banana bread using her recipe as a guide.
Skinny on Low Fat Chocolate Banana Bread
The results were as good as I'd hoped. A moist, dense, low-fat chocolate banana bread, infused with cocoa, speckled with melty miniature chocolate chips, with a gentle hint of allspice.
This is sweet enough to be considered dessert in my book.
I think it would be wonderful warmed slightly and topped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Be sure to use very ripe bananas, covered in brown spots, for the best results.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chocolate Banana Bread?
According to my calculations, each slice has about 193 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like this recipe for low fat chocolate banana bread, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly bread recipes including Fresh Strawberry Bread, Low-Fat Applesauce Banana Bread, Mom's Zucchini Coconut Bread Lightened Up, Chocolate Chip Banana Bran Bread and Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Bread
If you've made this Low-Fat Double Chocolate Banana Bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low-Fat Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 4 large ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1-¾ cups)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mashed bananas, eggs, sugar, vanilla and espresso powder (if using) together until they are well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and allspice until well combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture, just until blended, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Put the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the bread is fairly firm springs back when pressed with your finger. (Mine took 70 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan. Then remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into 12 even slices.
Recipe Source: Inspired by SimplyRecipes.com Chocolate Banana Bread
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Kitchen Equipment Used to Make this Low Fat Chocolate Banana Bread
Watch this video demonstration that shows how to make another version of chocolate banana bread at home:
Looking for More Banana Bread Recipes?
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Nut Bread
- Moist Banana Bread
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 4 Favorite Healthy Banana Bread Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Blueberry Banana Bread (SkinnyTaste)
- Top Banana Bread (HungryGirl)
- Cinnamon-Sugar Topped Blueberry Banana Loaf (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Roasted Strawberry Banana Bread (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!