WW Recipe of the Day: Easy 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Muffins
(90 calories | 4 4 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
My fascination with all things pumpkin continues.
After our great success mixing chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin (or make your own pressure cooker pumpkin puree) together to make 2-Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins, Mini Muffins and Cookies, we wanted see what would happen with using a spice cake mix instead.
It seemed like the perfect easy, sweet and delicious way to welcome fall.
Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Muffins Recipe Notes
This time I decided to make mini muffins, dividing the batter among 24 mini muffin cups.
If you don’t have mini muffin tins, divide the batter among 24 regular muffin cups to keep the SmartPoints at *3.
Or you can make bigger Weight Watchers Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Muffins by using all the batter to make 12 regular size muffins. In this case, each regular size muffin would have *4 PointsPlus, *6 WW SmartPoints.
Turn them into kid-friendly cupcakes with a little icing.
You could also spread the mixture into a cake or loaf pan and just adjust your baking time, cooking until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This is a very flexible recipe so go ahead and experiment.
The last time I made it I didn’t have spice cake mix, so I used a yellow cake mix with 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice whisked into it which worked great too. Which is what Katie Lee did on the Today Show Thanksgiving Morning to make this quick pumpkin cake. Carrot cake mix would also work well.
Optional Additions: Raisins, Craisins, Chocolate Chips, Cinnamon Chips, Nuts
How Many Calories/WW Points in these Easy Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins?
According to my calculations, each mini muffin has 90 calories and
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these pumpkin spice cake mix muffins, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Easy Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Cake Recipes, Healthy Low-Fat Pumpkin Cookie Recipes, Weight Watchers Easy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake, Healthy Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts and Weight Watchers 2 Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake, 2-Ingredient 7-cup Cake Mix Cupcakes,
If you’ve made these low-fat Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix Mini Muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
2-Ingredient Spice Cake Mix Mini Muffins Recipe
- 1 box (15 - 18 ounces) spice cake mix (I substituted a yellow cake mix with 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice whisked in)
- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin puree
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- For mini muffins, preheat the oven to 400F degrees and line 24 mini muffin cups with paper liners or coat them with non-stick spray. (You can also use regular muffin tins for smallish regular muffins.)
- Make the batter in a large bowl by mixing just the two ingredients together, ignoring the instructions on the cake mix. This will take some effort and the mixture will be very very thick!
- Divide the batter evenly among the mini muffin cup tins.
- Bake at 400F degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10- 12 minutes for the mini-muffins.
- Remove and place on wire racks to cool.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here’s a great video from Hungry Girl showing How to Make these Pumpkin Spice Cake Muffins…
More Lightened Up Baked Muffin Recipes for WW
- Gingerbread Banana Yogurt Muffins (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Berry French Toast Muffins (EmilyBites)
- Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (SkinnyTaste)
- Banana Breakfast Muffins (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Muffins (DrizzleMeSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!