WW Recipe of the Day: Mom’s Zucchini Coconut Bread Made Lighter
(178 calories | *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I love being the recipient of homemade baked treats, like this lighter zucchini bread with coconut that Mom dropped by Tuesday afternoon.
Rod and I have been enjoying it for breakfast along with a little yogurt and fruit. It would also make a great dessert or snack.
She said that she had been thinking about making zucchini bread for a while and when she saw zucchini on sale during a recent visit to Sprouts knew the time had arrived.
Skinny on Mom’s Lighter Zucchini Coconut Bread
This is definitely one of the lightest, tastiest zucchini breads I think I’ve ever had. She cut back a little on the sugar so it’s not too sweet and though it called for nuts, she substituted coconut instead.
You could also bump up the nutrition a bit by substituting whole wheat pastry flour, or white-wheat flour, for all or part of the all-purpose flour.
According to my calculations each serving has 178 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you enjoy this lighter zucchini bread, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Skinny Zucchini Apple Loaf Cake, Carrot Zucchini Bars, ONe-Bowl Coconut Muffins, Orange Pineapple Muffins Cake and Banana Coconut Date Muffins
If you’ve made this Zucchini Coconut Bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Lighter Zucchini Coconut Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups shredded zucchini (2 - 3 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease the bottoms only of two 8x4-inch loaf pans with shortening or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir the zucchini, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, lemon zest, cinnamon and baking powder until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in the coconut.
- Divide mixture evenly between the two prepared baking pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 50-65 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Then loosen the sides of the loaves from the pans and turn the breads out onto wire racks. Turn top side up and allow to cool completely.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Healthy Low-Fat Banana Bread
- Skinny Weight Watchers Apricot Poppy Seed Quick Bread
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Skinny Kiwifruit Muffins
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!