Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Zucchini Apple Loaf Cake
A super-moist, lightly sweet zucchini loaf cake made with applesauce and a touch of whole wheat flour for nuttiness.
The recipe caught my eye as I was scanning one of my all-time favorite Weight Watchers cookbooks, Weight Watchers Comfort Classics : 150 Favorite Home-Style Dishes .
The Skinny on Zucchini Apple Loaf Cake
Low in fat, this zucchini-apple loaf cake gets its moisture from a generous amount of applesauce, non-fat Greek yogurt and the zucchini.
It's a tasty way to eat more vegetables and fruits with just 160 calories per slice and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Zucchini Apple Cake Recipe Variations:
Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar or spread with a thin layer of cream cheese frosting, if desired.
You can store this loaf cake in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Warm a slice in the toaster oven or microwave before serving.
I think this would be good with a cup of mini chocolate chips stirred in too.
Be sure to adjust Points as necessary with any recipe modifications.
If you've made this Zucchini Apple Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Zucchini-Apple Loaf Cake Recipe
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-½ cups shredded zucchini
- Position an oven rack in the center and preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 5 x 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, whole wheat pastry flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined and then set it aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the applesauce, yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in the zucchini.
- Add the applesauce mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and place it on the wire rack to cool completely.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Healthy Zucchini Cake Recipes
Pineapple Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - a delicious healthy cake from SkinnyTaste
(Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *6 | Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *5)
Zucchini Chocolate Cake with Orange Glaze - chock full of zucchini & nuts with from Taste of Home
(Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *8)
Chocolate Zucchini Snack Cake - easy & tasty with 5 g fat from Taste of Home
(Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *5)
Chocolate Zucchini Cake - a wonderful chocolatey way to use zucchini
(Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *6 | Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *7)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!