Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Carrot Zucchini Bars
Are you looking for healthy dessert recipes you can serve your family without a lot of guilt?
These skinny carrot zucchini bars are a great way to entice your family into eating their veggies.
They are packed with nutritional goodness from carrots, zucchini, raisins, walnuts and whole wheat pastry flour.
Low in fat, the whole recipe uses just ¼ cup of canola oil. So you can serve these carrot zucchini bars without a lot of guilt.
I also added ¼ cup of carrot puree to help keep them moist with minimal fat.
In addition to being healthy, these carrot-zucchini bars are are quick and easy too. Just stir together the ingredients, spread the batter in a pan and bake.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Frosted Zucchini Bars?
According to my calculations, each bar with frosting has 156 calories and
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you like this lightened up recipe for carrot zucchini bars, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly dessert recipes including WW 2-Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake, Low-Fat Lemon Bars, Double German Chocolate Mini Cupcakes, Crock Pot Fruit Cocktail Cake and Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made these Zucchini Bars with Citrus Icing, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Carrot Zucchini Bars Recipe
For the carrot zucchini bars:
- 1-½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour or white whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-½ cups shredded carrots (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup pureed carrots (I used a small jar of baby food carrots)
- ¼ cup honey, or maple syrup
For the citrus icing:
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon or orange zest (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- In another bowl stir together the eggs, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, brown sugar, raisins, walnuts, oil, pureed carrots and honey until well blended.
- Stir the carrot zucchini mixture into the flour mixture just until blended.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle the cooled carrot zucchini bars with a dusting of powdered sugar or spread with citrus cream cheese frosting made with reduced-fat cream cheese.
- To make the icing, in a mixing bowl, beat the reduced-fat cream cheese, sugar, juice and zest until fluffy.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
I love carrot and zucchini filled baked goods. They somehow seem more wholesome!
Here are some of my favorite recipes for baked goods with carrots and/or zucchini:
- Mom's Lighter Zucchini Bread with Coconut
- Skinny Apple Zucchini Loaf Cake
- Enlightened Carrot Cupcakes
- Healthy Breakfast Muffins
Here's a different take on making Healthy Low-Fat Carrot Zucchini Bars with Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting:
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
these look simple, and I'm sure delicious too! thanks for sending it my way, and I hope you like the brownies:)
these look so good ...would you please post the NI without the icing ??? thanks so very much...
They are very yummy! I've posted the NI without the icing which reduces the points plus to 3. Hope this helps.