Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Healthy Breakfast Muffins
If you prefer healthy muffins you can feel good about serving for breakfast, I hope you will give this recipe a try.
They are officially called “Company Muffins” in the Simply in Season, where I first came across them last week.
In addition to wonderful simple wholesome recipes, the cookbook has ideas for buying and cooking wholesome, fresh locally produced food, a fruit and vegetable guide, as well as reflections and anecdotes on the meaning and place of food in our lives.
I picked up my copy several years ago in a Ten Thousand Villages shop and have been enjoying it ever since.
The Skinny on Healthy Breakfast Muffins
As soon as I read the ingredient list and realized I had everything I needed to make this muffin recipe, I’ve been thinking about them.
Yesterday waking up with more energy than usual, I decided to bake them in mini muffin pans so they could be enjoyed both for breakfast and as a teatime snack!
These muffins are kind of like carrot cake muffins, apple muffins, whole wheat muffins and oatmeal muffins all combined into one.
They turned out moist and tasty with just enough sweetness and plenty of spice from the generous amount of cinnamon.
We enjoyed them yesterday for breakfast and I reheated some this morning to share with colleagues from a from a business development workshop I am taking with my coach and friend, Life Coach Erin.
Since everyone who has tried them enjoyed them, I look forward to making them again.
According to my calculations, each mini breakfast muffin has about 71 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these healthy breakfast muffins, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins, Microwave Mug Apple Pancake Puff, Low-Fat Apple Bran Muffins, Chunky Banana Bran Muffins and Blueberry Oat Scones
If you’ve made these mini breakfast muffins, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Healthy Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (or oat bran)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large tart apples (peeled, cored and shredded)
- 1-1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or flaxseed meal)
- 1/2 cup raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/4 cup oil (I used a blend of extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and sesame oil)
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees and grease your muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt, stirring until well blended.
- Add the shredded apples, carrots, walnuts and raisins and stir until they are coated with the flour mixture and then make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together the eggs, milk and oil. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until everything is just moistened.
- Fill muffin pans about 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes for regular muffins and 12 to 15 minutes for mini muffins.
- Remove from the oven and place on wire racks to cool slightly.
- After 5 minutes or so, remove the muffins from the pans and allow to cool completely before storing or enjoy while warm.
Recipe Source: Simply in Season
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Simply in Season Video with Pat Andeen
More Healthy Muffin Recipes You Might Like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!